battlefield 2

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

battlefield 2

Postby starwarsnerd » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi guys. I wanted to know what your opinion of BF2 was, because I think I am going to get it soon. :pres: OPINIONS??????????????

starwarsnerd-SWGO)forest gump
star wars battlefront 2 is a box of chocolates......

you never know who you are going to kill or be killed by.
starwarsnerd
Community Member

Re: battlefield 2

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:58 pm

I never really got into it... By the way, your signature doesn't make sense speaking that you always know what you're gonna get. You kill the same people each day speaking that this game isn't popular.
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby starwarsnerd » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:01 pm

you are one of the rudest people ever man: I AM YOUNG GIVE ME A BREAK.

starwarsnerd
Community Member

Postby mrjamwin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Well, it's a fun game but it's aging. Most of the U.S. servers are empty due to the fact that alot of BF2 players moved over to Bad Company 2. Most of the servers that are still out there are European and Asian servers and if you get on one of them and you have a high ping they usually like to boot you. Still, overall it's a good game.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:56 pm

mrjamwin wrote:Well, it's a fun game but it's aging.

The game?... or yourself? :stupid:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Mandalore » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Get Call of Duty 4 instead. The only fun I get in BF2 these days is running around in timed servers with a jeep and jihading people who are stat padding. 2142 still puts up decent numbers. I'll take Jamwin's word that BF2 isn't that populated anymore. Then again, it's still a top 10 game on xfire, if I remember correctly.
Battlefield series=squad based, strategic positioning, twitch based aim
Call of Duty Series=1 on 1 based, tactical positioning, twitch based aim
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:13 pm

starwarsnerd wrote:you are one of the rudest people ever man: I AM YOUNG GIVE ME A BREAK.

I'm young too.... :wheelchair:
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby Flyswamper » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Like mrjamwin said.... many (most?) of the BF2 hardcore players have moved on to Battlefield Bad Company 2. That is where I spend all my time these days. That said, Battlefield 2 was the game that sucked me away from my addiction to Star Wars Battlefront II.

I'm sure mrjamwin is right about a dramatic drop in BF2 servers but...... I would venture a guess that there are still enough of them (even US based ones) to get your money's worth out of it if you enjoy the game and you computer isn't up to "snuff" for the demands of Bad Company 2.

Mandalore wrote: Then again, it's still a top 10 game on xfire, if I remember correctly.
Battlefield series=squad based, strategic positioning, twitch based aim
Call of Duty Series=1 on 1 based, tactical positioning, twitch based aim

+1 to this....

If you just wanna run around by yourself in a shooter... COD would be fine. Personally, I really love the teamwork aspects of BF2 and that is what really distinguished it from SWBFII for me, getting me totally hooked on it in the process. I also bought COD4 and played it a little, but never really got into it....was pretty to look at but was missing that teamwork element...

Now... to be honest, many of the things that promote teamwork in BF2 did not make it into Battlefield Bad Company 2 that I'm playing right now. I'm hopeful that Battlefield 3 will bring some of this back. What Bad Company 2 did was bring the destructible environment that the Frostbite game engine can deliver. There is just something really cool about being able to dramatically alter that playing landscape. You are NOT safe hiding behind walls/trees/sandbags etc... since the enemy can destroy your cover with the right firepower...
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby starwarsnerd » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah, my system isn't up to "snuff". and I wish I could get bad company 2 though. the thing is, when all you guys were telling me about bf2 not having a lot of servers, I went on gametracker, and their is A LOT OF SERVERS. I just have to be on the right one for me to be able to play the game without lag or any of that other stuff. thank you for your guys opinions.

starwarsnerd
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:24 am

xX SiLeNcE Xx wrote:I never really got into it... By the way, your signature doesn't make sense speaking that you always know what you're gonna get. You kill the same people each day speaking that this game isn't popular.

I have to admit, his signature is appropriate for his name. I love that line "life is like a box of chocolates..." of course, life can also be like "a bag of poop", but that wasn't part of the script.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Next

Return to PC Games