Space Combat - SWTOR

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: Space Combat - SWTOR

Postby samonuh » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:53 am

Mandalore wrote:Railway air/space vehicular combat=lame, I think is what Mace means.

Personally, I can deal with the railway system cause I didn't even expect space combat and the graphics looks awesome. Also, it makes the most sense because the space combat takes place going from one planet to another, which you take one straight path to go to...so railway actually makes sense...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Bocca » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:28 am

swbf2.

why not make something that grabs you like swbf2? subscription gaming?...been through that with the kids...will not work long-term...cuz i aint got da $10/mo. for a game that gets played 2-4 months a year...darth penguin? darth toontown? gimmee a classic game with heartstrings and i'll help build a community around it...i'll help fund a bunch of servers...take a game that lives beyond the five year "millenium" standard...(haasd0g)

"subscription" just means it's aimed for ages 5 years or less...or the game sucks for anyone over 25 years old...imo...good games develope a community around them (like swbf2)..from there the community finds a way...it funds the expansion and continued success...about as far as i'm willing to backtrack into the internet pipe is to my ISP...i.e. i'll pay them to connect me...but to subscribe monthly to a game? that's just dorky...
Did anyone see which way that guy went?
Bocca
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: boccaxfire

Postby Bocca » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:30 am

i like swbf2.
Did anyone see which way that guy went?
Bocca
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: boccaxfire

Postby samonuh » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 am

bocca wrote:good games develope a community around them

Okay, everything about your quote made no sense, but especially this. SWTOR has a community 50 times or more than SWBF2 ever did, and the damn game isn't even out!
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Mandalore » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Bioware is known for making a good story line. MMORPGs usually have a much larger player base and a better sense of community. Although, this community feeling pretty much went down the drain with WoW's sytem replacing the traditional DnD system of EverQuest, for example. I really, really hope that Bioware doesn't look at WoW and go, "sweet! This game rocks!" because the game is build for thirteen year olds.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Previous

Return to PC Games