Space Combat - SWTOR

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Space Combat - SWTOR

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Not a PC based game but most likely across a range of consoles however the space combat for the new Star Wars MMO looked quite good:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/space-combat

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Re: Space Combat - SWTOR

Postby samonuh » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:13 pm

(SWGO)Kren wrote:Not a PC based game but most likely across a range of consoles however the space combat for the new Star Wars MMO looked quite good:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/space-combat

Regards,

Kren

What the hell do you mean it's not a PC based game? It's ONLY a PC game...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby mrjamwin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Looks pretty cool, but let me just say this for all of you. Don't get too excited about this game because 98% of you won't be able to run it on the crap computers that you already have. Sorry. :whistling:
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby samonuh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:36 am

mrjamwin wrote:Looks pretty cool, but let me just say this for all of you. Don't get too excited about this game because 98% of you won't be able to run it on the crap computers that you already have. Sorry. :whistling:

Well, considering it has only half-decent graphics and single player requires no Internet connection, I think I fair amount of people will be able to play it...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:01 am

It's a fancy-looking rail shooter, really. But for a side aspect of a land-based MMORPG, it looks pretty good. It's better than those turret sequences in KOTOR, anyway...

And samonuh, single player? It's a MMO...
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Ooops....Yes I was in a rush to go out for a meal so I was thinking but skipped ahead of my typing so it should have read:

Not only a PC based game but most likely unavailabe across a range of consoles however the space combat for the new Star Wars MMO looked quite good

I've been following it quite closely and the development of the classes so far seem really good plus the space combat element for the MMO adds an extra element to the game. The range of planets, characters, weapons etc should make this a pretty good MMO so provided the prices are ok I think I'll be playing this game.

We could always add a section to the forums about the MMO once released so anyone interested could post their thoughts etc? It's a long way off but worth considering.

Regards,

Kren
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Doubt I'd ever pay monthly for a game. Come September I won't even have enough time to play ToR enough to make paying a subscription worthwhile.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby KOko » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Corpse wrote:Doubt I'd ever pay monthly for a game.

+1
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Well a few of my friends look like they will sign-up and some here might so it would be fun to get a group of us in an open ended SW environment undertaking some challenges, combat etc.

Regards,

Kren
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Postby samonuh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Darth Crater wrote:It's a fancy-looking rail shooter, really. But for a side aspect of a land-based MMORPG, it looks pretty good. It's better than those turret sequences in KOTOR, anyway...

And samonuh, single player? It's a MMO...

Yes, that means you CAN go through the game with multiple people if you want, but the only truly online places in this game are separate RPing or PvPing servers.

Read this: http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/19/swtors-single-player-is-far-far-bigger-than-any-game-biowares-ever-done/

Also, before you post anything about this game, I'd check your facts, cause you have no idea how long I've been reading about/studying this game...I'm gonna probably play it, cause if I get a job by then I'll be making enough for gas and this game... :P
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Next

Return to PC Games