Good RPG Games?

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Good RPG Games?

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm looking for good games to play online that are kind of like RPG games but sort of action like. I've played Runescape a little bit before but got bored after the lag spikes that happened all of the time. Any suggestions?
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Re: Good RPG Games?

Postby BurzaP » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:30 pm

First of all, if you are really keen on RPGs I recommend you to play Gothic, Gothic IIand Gothic III and Risen
The games were created by the same studio-Piranha Bytes(last game-Risen is not called Gothic IV cos they lost right to use the name of the game and characters but the quality is the same-really good).
Pluses of these games:
-thick climat, you really "feel" the world
-you just can't leave the session because the willingness to know what will be next is stronger
-great characters
-plot
Minuses:
-not an easy game, for newbies can be frustrating
-grpahics(especially G, GII, rest look nice)

But it's not all. I suggest you to play The Witcher, It has fantastic plot, the climat, characters better than in Gothic, interesting quests, humour, and fighting is perfect. Really, no minues, you must play it! (only good marks in magazines and internet!)
Polish game btw :)
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:32 pm

I had played Runescape a while but got bored after a while because I didn't want to pay to get the 90% of the full game features. :-| I'll probably try those Gothic games out, sounds kind of cool.
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby BurzaP » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 pm

well, so if you get bored really quickly then try The Witcher, it's easier to finish it without much effort while to finish Gothics it's necessary. However, The Witcher allows you to do many not-important quests and you can do it or not, just up to you but they are interesting too. I finished The Witcher on 100% and it took me like 81h but I was lookng to every house, every corner and so on. You can finish it in even 20 h or kind that., no worries. It's also quite new game and its sequel will be in the first part of 2011. So I suggest you to try now The Witcher and then, if you like it, you will buy The Witcher II(you can move saves from The Witcher to sequel and the story will go on, like in ME). Worth considering.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby Yanoda » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:04 pm

I would recommend:

Elder Scrolls 4 'Oblivion'
You will be playing at least 100 hours on this wonderful game.

Mass Effect 1 & 2
I find it one of the best games BioWare has made thus far. Great story and lots of action.

Deus Ex
A fairly old RPG game, but a classic. You may encounter some problems on newer computers though so you need to adjust the settings, google is very helpful.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby TheDeadKing » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:58 am

FALLOUT 3 and FALLOUT NEW VEGAS FTW! I also recommend Dragon Age Origins.
You know, they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are.
TheDeadKing
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 am

A lot of M-rated games being recommended for a 14-year-old here (especially the Witcher - some bits in there may not go over well with American parents...).
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Yanoda » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Oblivion was rated for Teens originally as I remember when it first came out. I checked the age ratings on the game and it appears that the rating was changed just a few months after the release which I was not aware of.

Then I would recommend Neverwinter Nights 2. It is based from the Dungeons and Dragons games if you're interested.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Second NWN2. Based on the D&D 3.5 system, but you don't need to know it in order to play (it has fairly efficient auto-leveling packages). You're probably best off starting as a Fighter or Barbarian to get used to the game, though spellcasters are great fun at higher levels. Expansion 1 was great, though the second (Zehir) made changes that occasionally annoyed me. There's also user mods and online multiplayer, though I've not tried the latter.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Corpse » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:29 pm

I gotta start up my Oblivion again sometime this weekend. :punk: Btw TES V is released on 11/11/11

Come to think of it, I also need to start up KoTOR 2, Fallout 3 and ME2. :lol:
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Next

Return to PC Games