Star Wars The Old Republic - Pre Launch Guild Program

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Star Wars The Old Republic - Pre Launch Guild Program

Postby KOko » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 am

Yeah, Star Wars The Old Republic - Pre Launch Guild Program is started.
We din't have a game still, but we can start guilds :mrgreen:

So, it's time to think if this will be the next SWGO supported game or not.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Re: Star Wars The Old Republic - Pre Launch Guild Program

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi Koko,

I had a word with Matt the other day regarding this via a PM to Matt, see below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: SWTOR
Sent: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:46 pm
by Matt-Chicago

Hey Kren,

Sounds good to me, and ya let's make a section on the forums for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt
SWTOR
Sent: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm
by (SWGO)Kren

Hi Matt,

As you know SWTOR is coming out shortly. I was wondering if we should have a section on the boards relating to this game especially as it is Star Wars related?

In addition to this I have created 2 Guilds under 2 accounts I have got in place that reference back to the SWGO website:

* SWGO Republic : http://www.swtor.com/guilds/7890/swgo-republic
* SWGO Empire : http://www.swtor.com/guilds/8180/swgo-empire

This way if anybody from SWGO wants to be either a part of the Republic or the Empire they can join either guild. As either guild is on oppossing sides then provided enough people sign-up to the game and join the respective guild we then have members of SWGO playing SWTOR.

Obviously the game is not out yet but rather than anybody else lay claim to the name I thought well lets get there first.

In addition to this it might also get us more members.

What do you think?

Regards,

Kren

The idea as per the above is to get members new and existing involved in the respective guild. There would be a guild leader and the formation would consist of:

Light side

* Smuggler
* Trooper
* Jedi Knight
* Jedi Consular

Dark Side

* Bounty hunter
* Imperial Agent
* Sith Warrior
* Sith Inquistitor

The guilds are set-up as PVP but there is nothing us creating additional guilds relating to PVE or the role playing element, it's just I didn't want to spread us 2 thin and as a good proportion of us like PVP I thought this would be a start. Anyway we can get the other guild names in place if you want?

So if we can get the section in the forums then off we go, another game for us all and more interest in SWGO.

Next steps would be the development of the respective guilds and to get some players involved to develop the guilds.

Sound Okay?

So next steps:

1) Create the section in the forum
2) Begin developing the section ready for the launch of the game

Btw...I'd like to be involved in the creation of this on the forums but don't have the ability to create anything so would any of you have objection to me helping develop this on the forums with Koko and others?

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby KOko » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Sorry Kren, but your personal life (including your PMs) does not concern me :lol:
It's still good that you reacted fast on the new guild system in order to preserve the names!

But my intention here was just to check the potential interest in SWGO members to play SW:TOR.
I, myself, am not quite sure this will be a good game. Starting with graphics and continuing with the lack of information about the business model.
I would love to be proved wrong of course! SW gamers desperately need a new big game, and TOR is comming from a very potent and successful line of games.
As a current fan of game based on the other big fictional universe - Lord Of The Rings, I can hardly see myself giving up LOTRO for SW:TOR unless some more
and very intriguing information about the new game pops up...

Also about the guild profiles - are you sure about the PvP orientation? Most likely this could be changed once there are actual players with their preferences,
but from a game with great immersive storyline I expect more player to be mostrly PvE oriented. Don't be mistaken here, PvE is not less challenging ;)

PS: Taking a closer look I see you have made the Empire guild PvE and the Republic guild PvP... makes me wonder who the bad guys are... just like in the original KOTOR games :)
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I'll probably be playing SWTOR; I've gotten back into the beta, and it looks interesting so far. I'll be with the {MM} guild, though.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Im probably going to play this game but.....

Personally i don't think a game based on what this game is bassed on is anything for SWGO to continue on.

The game i had hoped that SWGO whould suport is SWRGS(star wars renagade squadron) I think this game is the clostest "new" game there is to SWBF2.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:34 pm

KOko wrote:I, myself, am not quite sure this will be a good game. Starting with graphics and continuing with the lack of information about the business model.
I would love to be proved wrong of course! SW gamers desperately need a new big game, and TOR is comming from a very potent and successful line of games.
As a current fan of game based on the other big fictional universe - Lord Of The Rings, I can hardly see myself giving up LOTRO for SW:TOR unless some more
and very intriguing information about the new game pops up...

Also about the guild profiles - are you sure about the PvP orientation? Most likely this could be changed once there are actual players with their preferences,
but from a game with great immersive storyline I expect more player to be mostrly PvE oriented. Don't be mistaken here, PvE is not less challenging ;)

PS: Taking a closer look I see you have made the Empire guild PvE and the Republic guild PvP... makes me wonder who the bad guys are... just like in the original KOTOR games :)

Changing the guild set-up is quite easy to move it between PVP, PVE etc so that can be done.

Graphics-wise it is pretty good, the graphics are being polished-off and it is looking pretty good, looking at the lastest trailer. I don't think I'd be looking at the business model Koko.... :lol:

The Star Wars Universe if all goes to plan with this game can simply expand much like Lotr so there will be plenty to do. I think they are keeping things under wraps until closer to the release date.

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:
Im probably going to play this game but.....

Personally i don't think a game based on what this game is bassed on is anything for SWGO to continue on.

The game i had hoped that SWGO whould suport is SWRGS(star wars renagade squadron) I think this game is the clostest "new" game there is to SWBF2.

As SWGO was born through the desire to play a star war's game then the more players who are involved with this community the better in my eyes. The greater the number of members the more the community can grow so. SWGO seems the ideal place to have new members coming onboard even if they are not part of a guild and are simply individual players. As and when anyother star wars game comes around then it would be good to introduce this.

Regarding SWRGS this was exclusively for the PSP where SWBF was across platforms, granted SWTOR is for the PC however many games like this (Lotr) they have a strong following where SWRGS has never reached the hights of the battlefront series.

As I said having the SWGO guild name at least would give us the opportunity for existing members to join the respective side and be associated with SWGO so a win-win in my eyes. The guild itself also points back to SWGO homepage which they could check out and see what the community is about.

Regards,

Kren
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:16 pm

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Im probably going to play this game

i may play this as well bbuut not so shore 'bout it :3
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Bounty Hunter all the way, [female dog]. Can't wait for this game to come out.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Mandalore » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:08 am

You guys should collaborate with us on what server you guys are leaning towards, would be nice to have some friendly faces already there. :P Then again, it looks like we're leaning towards PvP.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:46 am

Mandalore wrote:You guys should collaborate with us on what server you guys are leaning towards, would be nice to have some friendly faces already there. :P Then again, it looks like we're leaning towards PvP.

Yep i think that is a good idea.

Regards,

Kren
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to PC Games