Fable 3 Out for PC

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Fable 3 Out for PC

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 pm

If any of you wanna join me on Fable 3 you can play it on the PC.. add NiteRunner81 to your "Live" friends list, the address associated with my account is NiteRunner81@divineillusions.net if you need it. You can get Fable III from any retail game store or you can get it from Steam. If you get it on disc add it to your steam games for easier game play....
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Re: Fable 3 Out for PC

Postby WGO-Jango » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Fable 3 is junk. It's right there with Bethesda's New Vegas fail.
WGO-Jango

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:07 am

I hope you did not succeed in undermining the purpose of my post. I also hope that others are willing to try it themselves so they can draw their own opinion.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:Fable 3 is junk. It's right there with Bethesda's New Vegas fail.

+1
Not feelin it
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Corpse » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Fable > Fable 2 > Fable 3.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby WGO-Jango » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:24 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:I hope you did not succeed in undermining the purpose of my post. I also hope that others are willing to try it themselves so they can draw their own opinion.

Glad you like it, me I'm tired of buying games they are [m'kay] broke on day one.
WGO-Jango

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:05 am

I played this game. I played this game twice, finishing it both times. Therefore, I believe that I am well within my rights to say that this game is [m'kay] horrible. At least Fable 2 had some improvements over the last one, but in this game the combat is even simpler than in the last due to how overpowered magic is. And no, you can't say that I should use something else, because my entire second playthrough was guns only; it was still [m'kay] simple to beat, you just had to roll a lot more. Basically, everything that this game added in comparison to Fable 2 was broken, pointless, or just plain stupid. The Sanctuary? What the hell was wrong with the menus in the first game? It was actually more efficient to use the menus, and at least I didn't have to have John Cleese [female dog] at me to buy the new DLC every time I entered the [m'kay] place. The whole "Repair" mechanic? Completely pointless, horribly executed, and all around [m'kay] painful. The amount to repair a house is negligible to the amount of cash you get from it, you have to repair each house one by goddamned one in order to get the full rent bonus, and I don't even know how much time I spent doing it.

The co-op is also stupid. In order to give a [m'kay] a gift, you have to enter your sanctuary, walk into the Online room, select a gift, and then give it to the [m'kay]. It is convoluted, it is pointless, and why the [m'kay] can I not simply hand the [m'kay] an apple or whatever? Good god. Of course, since they decided to revamp the expression system, they kinda had to do that due to the lack of a "Gift" expression. And that leads me to the next reason that this game is [m'kay] [poo]; THE EXPRESSION SYSTEM. Apparently someone at the top believed that having a wheel that took a whole goddamned FIVE SECONDS to navigate necessitated a complete revamp; now, you don't even have to choose what expression you want to do! All you have to do is simply pick the good or evil option! Of course, that also means you're going to be playing grabass with other guys to become friends with them, or dancing in the middle of the [m'kay] castle you own in order to become friends with a servant, but who gives a [m'kay]? Besides, what's more evil than farting in some [m'kay]'s face? Goddamn genius, whoever thought that up.

The story... Well, it's decent enough, I suppose. It's simple, has some decent bits, and the part with the Crawler was at least somewhat unnerving. But it is nowhere near good enough to save this [m'kay] trainwreck of a game. The parts of it that aren't bad are pointless additions to a previously solid addition to the series, and all in all it doesn't progress Fable at all. Not to mention, what the hell kind of game series makes the hero you play as grow weaker over the sequels? The hero of Fable 1 was basically capable of becoming a [m'kay] destructive force of nature that would be easily capable of toppling empires if the engine allowed it. In Fable 2, all of a sudden you can't get quite as strong as before, your skill in every aspect is marginalized by just how much better the other Heroes do at it, and the amount of spells you can use have decreased massively. Now in Fable 3? You can't even [m'kay] cast magic without having a pair of gauntlets, the spell list is still pitiful, and the only new thing you can do is combine spells... Which might I add, would definitely have been possible before had it been programmed into the game. The Fable series hit a brick wall this game, and honestly? I don't think it [m'kay] deserves to be funded anymore due to how [m'kay] [poo] they've made it.

And honestly, I miss the old Peter Molyneux. You know, the guy that would make absolutely extravagant claims and only fail to live up to them due to how [poo] insane they were? That guy was a goddamned visionary; and even if he didn't deliver on what he promised, he still gave us damn good games. Now? [poo], now he promises us a couple of improvements and can't even deliver on those. Fable is dead, Lionhead Studios is decrepit and only in it for the cash, and Peter Molyneux has lost that spark that made him likable even when he was lying through his teeth.

All in all, [m'kay] this [m'kay] game.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby WGO-Jango » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Truly worthy of Angry Video Game Nerd, Narg.
WGO-Jango

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:59 am

Narg,

In the PC version (and let me check later to see if the 360 version has this in its latest updates) you can scroll in a blank spot in the map and select "Repair All" for the properties...

and Narg, I give you a :clap: for your post. You gave me an evidence based analysis.

And Jango -- hating buying software that is broke on day one is hating the software development life cycle. Most software (including games) need patched on Day 1!!!
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby WGO-Jango » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:25 am

I'm quite familiar with having games patched before I even arrive home from buying them at midnight release. However, there's a difference between patching a game to tweak it and me having to hardboot my PS3 every hour from the game crashing. The latter doesn't need a patch, it needs overhauled but all of this isn't the true root of my anger. I paid good money (maybe even pre-ordered the game a few months in advance) for said game, I worked for said money. For my hard earned labor-monies I expect a game with some semblance of functionality and playability. When a game can't deliver even one of those, I can almost see and hear the company's CEO as he/she smiles and laughs all the way to the bank.

While Fable 3 isn't nearly as messed up as New Vegas, it still didn't meet expectations I had originally. Like I said before, I'm glad you like it, slow games such as Fable 3 are good for someone in your condition. From now on though I think I'll stick with shooters/shooter-rpgs (Mass Effect 3 looks sweet).
WGO-Jango

Return to PC Games