Brink

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Brink

Postby Heatmaster78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Brink is another FPS that you can get from Steam (I don't know how much) that was free for 3 days as a demo. It includes a ranking and XP system from which you can get new weapons, weapon attatchments, outfits, and a lot more. The classes are somewhat like Team Fortress 2's classes. The engineer class can build turrets to defend key areas, but it can also do a lot more. The engineer can also plant landmines, complete engineer specific mission objectives and buff other people's damage as well as their own. Other classes include the soldier (who can throw molotov grenades and supply ammo to people and themselfs), the operative (who can disguise as fallen people), the medic (who can throw healing syringes and buff other people's health and their own). It also has 2 campaigns (one for each side) which is pretty detailed with a lot of a story aspect to it. You can play online with other people in the campaign, or online with random campaign missions, but thats pretty much it, you only get to play campaign missions.

You can see a Resistance campaign walkthrough here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyc9k1DKHo

And a Security walkthrough here (by the same person):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3P--E1UuJ0

There's also character customization and I have a screenshot of what I made my character look like here:
http://www.xfire.com/profile/heatmaster ... #116776713

So what're your guys' thoughts on the game? Have you played it before? Do you think you're gonna get it?
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Re: Brink

Postby ӺȁȿŧƔ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Lots of my Xfire friends have been playing it...haven't taken the time to look at it until now. Looks decent.
ӺȁȿŧƔ
Community Member

Xfire: Fasty002

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:35 pm

[m'kay] horrible in every [m'kay] way. The reason you've seen so many people playing it was because it had a free weekend so that everyone could realize it was [m'kay] horrible before they wasted all their money.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Heatmaster78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Nargotah wrote:[m'kay] horrible in every [m'kay] way. The reason you've seen so many people playing it was because it had a free weekend so that everyone could realize it was [m'kay] horrible before they wasted all their money.

It's actually quite good in my opinion, but you don't think that matters now do you Narg.
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby Shalandai » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Heat wrote:It also has 2 campaigns (one for each side) which is pretty detailed with a lot of a story aspect to it.

I will disagree on that note - I found neither are particularly detailed, and the story for Brink makes the story for Tetris look deep and engrossing.

I -have- been playing in quite a bit in the last few days, but only because several of my RL friends own copies and it is a regular event at our LAN parties. This weekend it went on 1/2 price with the DLCs free to download, which is why I bought it - it's bordering mediocre, if not sub-par as a game, and I wasn't going to play full price for it. I dumped a few hours to make sure I'd be familiar and able to compete with my friends, and in less than 12 hours of play (spread over 3 days) I had beaten the campaign on the hardest difficulty, reached maximum level and earned all 43 steam achievements.

I was rather disappointed in pretty much every aspect of the game, and still cannot fathom why we play it at LANs.
Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Return to PC Games