3 topics in 1 thread :D

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

3 topics in 1 thread :D

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Well i just got my new graffic card yesterday and i'm checking for some advanced DX11 Grafic games online....
I'm already downloading(finnally) BC2 to test it with X32 anti-antilising...but iv'e looked up some other titles...mainly Crysis 2, as i loved crysis 1(but i was never capable of running it at max grafics) so here is the first topic:

Who has, or had Crysis2 and what did you think of it? as in grafical/gameplay/overall since i did hear that with crysis 2 they went a little overboard with the "cience-fiction" part, wich for many players was a backset and wasn't the main feature in crysis 1(altough many hates the "alien" weapons)

Now comes the second topic, i go on steam store and search for crysis 2 too look at the price, and i can't find it, so i went to search it online and i found this page
http://www.1up.com/news/crysis-2-pulled-from-steam-ea-says-valve-to-blame

So steam ain't selling Crysis2...and the site says the same thing is going to happen with BF3...so i go down and it isn't on steam either for pre-purchase...
So well even tough we are talking about one of the most wanted games ever, since it would technicly bring together players from BC2 and Modern warfare(if i'm not mistaken) but many players buy steam exclusively...so does anyone either think it's kinda "retarded" for EA not to accept the new rules of steam? and anyone think this game will sell WAY less due to this?

So this leaves me to the third topic....since i'm now talking about BF3..iv'e heared some spectacular things about it...even from some it's going to be the revolution in future gamming So (besides yanny) who is beta-testing BF3? Reviews please :punk:

Just like to hear some opinions here :lol:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Re: 3 topics in 1 thread :D

Postby mrjamwin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:58 pm

I beta tested BF3 all I can say is..... It's a damn great game. It will kick all those CoD games butts. Graphics are intense, weapon customization is cool. All the vehicles you'll get to drive and fly. The maps are huge with alot of potential. All I can say is check out some of the videos posted on EA and Youtube. You'll get a good iead how great it's going to be.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Jedi Power » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:56 am

mrjamwin,

You are talking about Battlefield 3 and not Battlefront 3 right?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby SWINE FLU » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:35 am

Crysis 2 is pretty good all over. I bought it on Steam a while back.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby Yanoda » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 am

The reason why you cannot purchase Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3 on Steam is due to the fact the EA wants to promote their own digital distribution software 'Origin' and they do not have to pay extra fees (i.e. pay Steam a % of the sold items).

I was a little disappointed about the decision from EA making some games exclusive to Origin (some retails can only be played with Origin as well). Though Origin is at its infancy, I say it is very stable and uses less resources (CPU/Ram) than Steam.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:36 pm

@ JP

Yea jamwin was talking about Battlefield i don't think anything of battlefront is being given out "if" it's even being made....

@Swine

Good to know i'm looking forward to testing my PC at Extreme grafics, and kicking it up too 32X AA

@Yanoda

Well i think it's too bad, many players love steam due to:

1- Fast downloads
2- Reliablility
3- Auto-patch
4- Multiple downloads

Ill see how the EA store goes, but ill be looking for EA games in the shops if i must :-|

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby ATCStewart » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 am

I beta-tested Battlefield 3 and I thought it was pretty good. You really need a good computer to handle the power. As far as selling the game on Steam, I don't think EA would need to, the game has already received so much publicity.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:06 pm

My PS won't be having any trouble running battlefield :whistling:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Its disappointing that BF3 and other titles won't be on Steam (or are removed from it). But.... that is life and you and I have no say in it. It will certainly not stop me from playing what promises to be the best shooter game out there (Battlefield 3).

I played the alpha-test and the beta. There were normal alpha/beta type issues with the game but it played beautifully. I also think I/we are really going to like what EA/DICE is doing with the browser-based Battlelog system (which is kinda linked to Origin...sorta). There are going to be people whining about all the changes but I think it's going to bring some nifty new features. I especially like the ability to invite friends to join a server all at once.

Anyway..... in about a weeks time I intend to be playing BF3 as my "main stay." If any of you guys picks it up and wants to run around some maps fragging along side me... just send me a friend invite in the Battlelog and Origin systems. My account in all of those places is: Flyswamper
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Flyswamper wrote:Anyway..... in about a weeks time I intend to be playing BF3 as my "main stay." If any of you guys picks it up and wants to run around some maps fragging along side me... just send me a friend invite in the Battlelog and Origin systems. My account in all of those places is: Flyswamper

Well i "would" probably join you when i get it but...the only problem i'd have is that "if" your american i won't be able to play in american servers...since i'm not into getting the 250 ping deal all over again...for SWBF2 i can get it only good servers are in the USA but for other games, like TF2, BC2, BF3 etc i can't deal with such lag, since i enjoy sniping :twisted:

So this bring my "need to buy" list too:

Crysis2
BF3
Hybrid Hard disc

:cursing: :grrr: :censored: :spam:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to PC Games