3 topics in 1 thread :D

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: 3 topics in 1 thread :D

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Fair enough. But it does sound like you need to attend the "Flyswamper school of how to get ace pin (be the high scorer) even with ridiculous pings (like 400+). " However, it is fair to say that the aforementioned school doesn't have much to do with sniping. It does, however, have everything to do with accumulating crazy points for teamwork related stuff.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Flyswamper wrote:Fair enough. But it does sound like you need to attend the "Flyswamper school of how to get ace pin (be the high scorer) even with ridiculous pings (like 400+). " However, it is fair to say that the aforementioned school doesn't have much to do with sniping. It does, however, have everything to do with accumulating crazy points for teamwork related stuff.

So basicly i pick a medic and make sure you don't die while you kill everyone? something like the medic/heavy thing on TF2? (for those who don't know in TF2 it's basicly a medic following a slow moving gatling packing guy while shooting him with a medi-gun that not only works constantly for healing it also brings his health +50% of it's max, and with full charge turns on the god mode for 10 seconds :D)

I'm quite unfamiliar with the online function of BC2 atm, i sould get it tommorow so besides healing what else? :twisted:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Yanoda » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:So basicly i pick a medic and make sure you don't die while you kill everyone? something like the medic/heavy thing on TF2? (for those who don't know in TF2 it's basicly a medic following a slow moving gatling packing guy while shooting him with a medi-gun that not only works constantly for healing it also brings his health +50% of it's max, and with full charge turns on the god mode for 10 seconds :D)

I'm quite unfamiliar with the online function of BC2 atm, i sould get it tommorow so besides healing what else? :twisted:

MT

Work together in a squad.
Always be on the move, especially when you're inside buildings.
Mark the opponent whenever you can (you'll get points even when you don't kill them).
Spam Health/Ammo Kits/Motion Sensors whenever/wherever you can.
Be aware of your surroundings (nearest cover, choke points, flanks, watch your back and your teammates' movements).

Hope this covered most of it.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 pm

My old pianist/composer friend certainly has the right concept going there. All good stuff. There is no single thing that always works, it depends on the map. But..... you can get massive points in lots of ways ...many of which don't require having a good ping. Lately I've been having ping spike troubles (my ping goes to 400-600 sporadically) and yet I've still managed to snag Ace pin many times despite this.

Like I said already, it depends on the map and the situation. In addition to Yanni's stuff, I'd suggest that well placed mines are a very overlooked thing by most players. Provided you aren't warping around, you can place these with really high ping and have great success with them. Well placed C4 is another one. Both of these simply require a bit of tactical planning and willingness to leave the "hotspots" for a while and preposition your explosives to where the "next" set of pinchpoints will be.

Sometimes doing stuff like stealing the enemy's armor, driving it back to your teams base, and sitting on the backside of it continuously repairing it can lead to an Ace pin (most points in a round).

You mentioned medic.....that works well in situations where it's mostly an infantry fight and lots of players are taking damage near a choke point but they aren't dying instantly. There are a few spots on certain maps where this occurs, but they are relatively few.

Arming/Disarming/damaging MCOMS is a major point maker.

The thing is, you are most likely to have big point opportunities if your team is winning. Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is sacrificing yourself (your precious K/D ratio) to insure that motion sensors are placed, mines are laid, your squad has a safe spawn point behind the lines, etc....

Kinda like Yoda's fear leads to anger, anger leads to .... saying...

Tactical thinking leads to teamwork, teamwork leads to winning, winning leads to more desperation from the enemy players, more desperation leads to easier kills and more points for you.

Poor teamwork, on the other hand, tends to lead to decent K/D for a little while but then usually leads to your team getting baseraped repeatedly until enough snipers from your team realize they can't keep their K/D and leave the server.

Then again, if your ping is good and you can grab a heli on a Vietnam Rush map *AND* know how to fly it....you can help your team win and have an infinite K/D ratio at the same time... .Kinda like this round :P

A recent round I had
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby toad » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Some additional recommendations.

On sniper maps always stay in motion, or die.
If you tank camp do it as a pack. .
On medium to close range maps tactical camping is preferable to running and gunning. Find a nice camp spot, take out a few then move to a new spot overlooking your old one. You get tons of kills that way.
Always press Q, to spot, even when the server has it disabled. You get points regardless.
When attacking a well defended position always attack as a team and smoke is your friend.
Lastly if you find yourself in the vanguard than snap a circle. I have gotten plenty of dog tags that way.

Also a neat trick is to smoke the MCOMS and wait for the fire to come in. Then go around stabbing the little campers and then take the mcom. :twisted:
|=======================================================|
toad
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Hmm very interesting, i did alwayes love too use C4 in any FPS game i played, in FC2 i just let the C4 drop on the enemy diamonds(wich is the same as the flag map) since there is alwayes 1-2 players camping it...yet noone pays attencion to the whole in the roof above :lol: same thing with crysis paste it on the wall enemy comes trew the door and BAM then never saw it comming :lol:

Ill probs be ussing C4 in BC2 then :punk: but just asking how is the destroying buildings part? in Crysis i alwayes loved the fact that in single-player i could either grab anything or destroy anything...a [British cigarette] in a small house would mean it would collapse, but in multi-player this is useless since there are only factories and bunkers....

Since i noticed in BC2 that i can just "make" a door in singleplayer(mainly ussing a attached granade launcer too my assult rifle) is this the same case on multiplayer?

Edit: since toad mencioned "stabbing" how effictive are the melee weapon(s)? and do they 1hit-kill on backstab?

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Yanoda » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 am

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Hmm very interesting, i did alwayes love too use C4 in any FPS game i played, in FC2 i just let the C4 drop on the enemy diamonds(wich is the same as the flag map) since there is alwayes 1-2 players camping it...yet noone pays attencion to the whole in the roof above :lol: same thing with crysis paste it on the wall enemy comes trew the door and BAM then never saw it comming :lol:

Ill probs be ussing C4 in BC2 then :punk: but just asking how is the destroying buildings part? in Crysis i alwayes loved the fact that in single-player i could either grab anything or destroy anything...a [British cigarette] in a small house would mean it would collapse, but in multi-player this is useless since there are only factories and bunkers....

Since i noticed in BC2 that i can just "make" a door in singleplayer(mainly ussing a attached granade launcer too my assult rifle) is this the same case on multiplayer?

Edit: since toad mencioned "stabbing" how effictive are the melee weapon(s)? and do they 1hit-kill on backstab?

MT

You're only melee weapon is a knife. Knife kills are always 1-hit kill and silent. It is great for sneaking behind a group and taking them out one at a time.
Everything in Singleplayer can be done in Multiplayer. Shoot a grenade at a wall where you know the opponent is hiding/camping and you either kill him or injure him and leave him open to be picked off by your team. If the building sustained a considerable amount of damage, the building collapses and you can use the rubble for cover.
I think the Assault class is the only class that can have the Grenade Launcher.
Love using Shotgun with Medic and Recon class, especially sniping the opponents with the shotgun with a well aimed headshot. :gunsmilie:
Had one or two instances where someone claimed I had an aimbot :lol:

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 pm

i know you guys are all pumped up about this game cause of the publicity,but it will not beat out modern warfare 3. i mean the CoD series have always beat out the battlefield series. and everynew game people think will finally beat out the Cod series ie... medal of honor, crysis2.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby Flyswamper » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 pm

IJO sha-quan-jone wrote:i know you guys are all pumped up about this game cause of the publicity,but it will not beat out modern warfare 3. i mean the CoD series have always beat out the battlefield series. and everynew game people think will finally beat out the Cod series ie... medal of honor, crysis2.

You may well (or not) be right about which ends up with bigger sales revenue. However, I don't choose to play a game because it has sold more copies to the masses. I choose the game based on which one I prefer/like. And, for now..... for me.... that is the Battlefield series over the CoD series. I own CoD4, blackops, Crysis, and several others. But... for whatever reason (destruction, squad-team play kinda stuff) I always come back to my beloved battlefield series. Battlefield 2 was the ultimate in game play style and tactics. Bad Company 2 improved the graphics with destruction but lacked much of the tactical/game-play stuff that I love about BF2. The reason we are so jazzed about BF3 is that it *hopefully* is going to combine graphics/destruction of the Frostbite engine with the BF2-like team/squadplay tactics.

Now.... I'm not a fanboy, I'm just someone that prefers one over the other. If you and the masses spend more money on CoD series I'm perfectly good with that. Its all about having fun, so peeps should go have fun with whatever they feel is most fun to them. If you were to ask me what round I'm most proud of recently and that I remember most vividly... it would be a round where I went something like 15-26 (not that great) but I was in a damn good squad and we essentially snatched victory away from the other team at the last minute through some excellent team work. At the end, one of my squad mates said "good job Fly...that was all you". In truth it took all of us, but the point is that the teamwork aspect of it was way more fun than pwning everybody in sight with a massive K/D ratio (like my 49-0 round which is actually quite forgetable...although it seems impressive). For me, I've never found this in playing the CoD series games, at least not to the same level.
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby toad » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:20 pm

I own them all and Fly is right. I play BFBC2 way more than other games.
|=======================================================|
toad
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to PC Games