3 topics in 1 thread :D

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: 3 topics in 1 thread :D

Postby Yanoda » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Something relevant and cool with Battlefield 3.

Enjoy!

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Flyswamper » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Heh...now that would be cool. Someday I've imagined playing a FPS on one of our company's 3D visualization rooms, but having the "gun sights" and treadmill are even more over the top than my imagined scenario is (I doubt I ever play a game in the viz room(s)).

Although I don't imagine any of us mere mortals will ever have a gaming setup like that, my fuzzy crystal ball does suggest to me that someday having the game in 3D stereo with us wearing glasses (or whatever tech is required to make 3D displays work) and running around in FPS is something that probably isn't too far off in the future.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Yea it is epic, but i do wonder if the "people" would be against it...i do think the army would love it, real life combat simulation for years before your 18...

Anyhow on topic(s) i just got BC2 installed..and i had forgotten what version i bought off steam lol...so i got both BC2 and the vietnam mod..
Been playing them for an hour and it's true, i first went in solo as a sniper, and altough i did manage to "hit" some players their squads backed them up with ammo and health packs wich made it difficult to get anything...

So i went over too play tacticly with my squad and it's epic, you can get as many points simply by resupplying your squad as you would by killing an enemy, chopers are hard for me, but simply assisting as co-shooter gets you points even tough you didn't kill a target, grafics are epic, and the fact buildings can be destroyed makes it perfect, making your own door... but i did have difficulty when i went in a "hardcore" server, no ammo reviews, no crosshairs no nothing like you would be in vietnam in those times.....

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Flyswamper » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Welcome to Bad Company 2. As I'm about to launch fulltime into BF3, what I'd suggest is checking out some videos that people post about Bad Company 2 gameplay. Thats how I learned lots of stuff like how to lock onto tracers with your Gustav or RPG, how to successfully take down choppers with the manually guided AT4 rockets, mines work on boats in the water, mines are *PROXIMITY* devices so you don't put them out in the road...just on the side preferably under the bushes where they'll be driven past but not be seen.

I just checked out whatever videos came along at the time to learn stuff so I can't recommend any specific one. I've produced a few videos myself, but the intent never was to teach anybody how to use a weapon or anything. My vids are just me having fun, maybe showing off a high score round (got 95,000 one round), using the flamethrower for some crazy-madness fun, etc..... If you want to see a short clip of a buttload of different weapons all in the same video, the video where I recorded my 95,000 point round is a good one. I basically made something like 30 kills with 30 different weapons (and got silver,gold,platinum stars with each kill). Look up Flyswamper on xfire for that video. The flamethrower video (and a few other random ones) are in my youtube channel (again, just look up Flyswamper and you'll find me).

Anyway.... have fun..... play a little, watch some vids to learn tricks, then play a little more, rinse and repeat.

Oh... and since you won't have many of these weapons initially (it doesn't take too long to get them) just make a habit of picking up other people's kits when they die and use their kits/perks for a headstart.

And if you wanna find me in the next few days (before BF3 launch) I'm using playing on a Vietnam server named "Napalm on Toast"
Last edited by Flyswamper on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:So i went over too play tacticly with my squad and it's epic, you can get as many points simply by resupplying your squad as you would by killing an enemy, chopers are hard for me, but simply assisting as co-shooter gets you points even tough you didn't kill a target, grafics are epic, and the fact buildings can be destroyed makes it perfect, making your own door... but i did have difficulty when i went in a "hardcore" server, no ammo reviews, no crosshairs no nothing like you would be in vietnam in those times.....

MT

Hardcore is epic. I never really got into the Vietnam version though...
Flyswamper wrote:Anyway.... have fun..... play a little, watch some vids to learn tricks, then play a little more, rinse and repeat.

What Fly said.

Either way, here is something I made at the spur of the moment, Enjoy!

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Flyswamper » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Hey Yanni, at the risk of Matt-C kicking me off the board here for blatant fan-boy spamming :)

If you are going to play BF3 right from launch, give a thought to squadding up with me, mrjamwin, Sev, Git, et.al.... We have just pre-ordered a dedicated server and would love to have you hit the fields with us....
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Flyswamper wrote:Hey Yanni, at the risk of Matt-C kicking me off the board here for blatant fan-boy spamming :)
If you are going to play BF3 right from launch, give a thought to squadding up with me, mrjamwin, Sev, Git, et.al.... We have just pre-ordered a dedicated server and would love to have you hit the fields with us....

I'm definitely in! :gunsmilie:
Soon you'll get to kill again shotgun, soon...
Though a fair warning, never ever get me to pilot a helicopter! EVER! :whistling:

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:21 am

Yea the kits are a great help, ill be getting bf3 as well, but sadly not from day 1 just asking here but where would the server location be? Probs USA me guesses....

@yanoda
well like i said get in a choper as co-gunner, you simply arm a machine gun on the side of the choper it's hard to spot anything trew the missels that you pall fires, but you get passenger assists and i can assure you the moment you spot anyone 4 rounds sould be enough....just make sure you leave the choper if you see an RPG rocket incomming....i normally think the choper can take it, then i look below and the pilot already jumped....Boom :lol:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Yanoda » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Being a co-pilot or passenger is simple.
Now if I were to pilot a helicopter... lets say a mentally retarded hormone induced drunk baboon that is flinging its feces at the cockpit in pure rage while gnawing on an unfortunate dead soldier is vastly superior at piloting than me. :whistling:

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Flyswamper » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:29 pm

He he yanni....

I wasn't very good as a pilot initially either. You just gotta get out there and do it through practice. Which generally means you have to have thick skin when other players provide the "color commentary" on your early flying experiences. Eventually you too can get the hang of it and tear 'em up when the opportunity arises. If we had more Bad Company 2 days ahead of us, I'd suggest come fly with Fly and see how it can be done...particularly in Vietnam Rush maps. I've emptied (or nearly emptied) servers more than a few times by simply circle-strafing the enemy and getting their entire team so frustrated they start leaving the server. Which...admittedly.... I am kinda embarassed/sad that I'd do that. But.... there are times when the philosophy of "pwn or be pwned" just needs to be adopted.

In the same vein of thinking..... As we go into BF3, if you value your k/d and/or your soldiers life you might want to think carefully about signing up with Air Flyswamper for a little while. I'm a slow learner and it's likely to take a while...and it can be quite ugly while I'm learning. :eek: :punk: :mrgreen: I'm kinda like Thomas Edison, first I gotta find a few thousand ways that don't work before I find the one that does....

Minas..... if you are going to be flying choppers (either as gunner or pilot) you want to make sure and select the proper perk/upgrade. You will want the upgrade that increases the splash-damage of your rounds. Even using blackhawk gatling guns or Huey 50mm's you'll be able to get a lot more kills than you would otherwise. Ideally someone riding in the chopper would also select the extra-armor perk which will let a healthy chopper survive an rpg (barely). But....if you got no friends with you and can't organize perks to be shared in the vehicle, then go with the extra explosive one (I think it looks like a fist on the right-most column of your perks/options).
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PC Games