BF3 Game

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: BF3 Game

Postby Yanoda » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:16 pm

I have to say that the claim that the game is not as pretty as trailer/screenshots show is false. The visuals are gorgeous (have settings to high/Ultra to fully enjoy it). I also admit that I have a small monitor, so I'm not experiencing the full enjoyment. The graphic card I use is GTX 560.

There are some intrinsic teamwork going on.
Examples:
Ammokits and Medkits help your teammates when under constant fire from opponents. Often if you give a medkit to a support class, they will 90% of the time drop an ammokit for you.
Spotting the opponent helps you and teammates see where the enemy is and adapt accordingly. Your character makes statements based on your actions to help teammates better coordinate without TS. When you're near a support class player and you're low on ammo, one press of a button makes your character say that you need ammo. If your teammate is not a [Richard], he/she will give you an ammokit.
Reviving restores your team a ticket and the individual who revives gets points, you get to fight again.

Of course coordinating through voice chat is more effective, but I have seen some great teamwork without it while playing. It depends on the player as well.
WGO (http://worldgamingorder.com/) supports BF3 and we have a dedicated TS server as well, several people are members in both WGO and SWGO. SWGO came from WGO a few years back to be Starwars only supporting Community.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Flyswamper » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 pm

BurzaP wrote:You know, I agree that teamworking is a crucial thing for this game but I guess it's only possible in clans, am I right? And there goes hours in which such clans can play together.... so if I'm understanding in right way: without clans in time zone that matches you, you won't have fun from this game.

There is a bit of truth in your statement/view, but..... overall I think you have the wrong impression. There are millions of players out there on the big-bad internet and you'll end up playing with a variety of them. Some will be interested in teamwork, some will not. Many are interested in teamwork but don't know how (or can't be bothered) to get what I'll call "teamwork mode" working in your squad/team.

My experience is that teamwork is kinda like love..... Giving more of it unprompted, and even to undeserving ones, will usually result in you getting more of it back. Clan mates and community members are often a good place to go to find players that are willing to squad up and play with some team oriented attitudes. However, even in Clans/communities you'll find that some people want to be lone-wolf and won't squad up with you. Or if they squad up they don't really play as a team anyway. It's disappointing, but it happens with clan and non-clan squad mates alike.

Personally I find that, even without my clan/community buddies aroud that *if* I go back to the same servers often enough I eventually get to know the other players that regularly visit the same server. Once you develop that you will soon learn who is about teamwork and who isn't. The teamwork guys tend to naturally form up in squads together even if they aren't in the same clan/community. All this happens naturally *IF* you practice teamwork even when you aren't getting any back....but it does take time and BF3 is still quite new of a game.

So...the short version...

Yes... clans/communities are good for teamwork. But they aren't perfect and have their lone-wolves in there too.
Play with the same "randoms" enough and you'll end up finding and playing with the teamwork oriented guys anyway *IF* they see you being team oriented.
You gotta "give" in order to "receive" when it comes to teamwork....
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:37 am

PlayStation runs bf3 great; right out of the box, no upgrades.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby mrjamwin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:04 am

That's because yours is a [poo] scaled down version! :whistling:
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby BurzaP » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:45 pm

hm..ok, I will get this game. Damn, it's lot of money and I'm not sure my comp will handle it in medium details... If I got it hope to contact you mates ;)

@haas - consoles' versions are with worse textures so yeah, it may run great but still it's not what on PC :P
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:15 pm

I've already moved on to mw3, which also runs fine on my ps
haasd0gg
Overlord

Postby Yanoda » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Please don't let it become a PC vs Console topic(fight)... we have enough of that in the internet.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Yanoda wrote:Please don't let it become a PC vs Console topic(fight)... we have enough of that in the internet.

Cheers

Yanoda

Why not? :mrgreen: it's not like a PS3 could win it from a PC :twisted:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 pm

No fight to be had. Its all about a couch, a big screen, and nice surround sound :afro:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:08 am

haasd0gg wrote:No fight to be had. Its all about a couch, a big screen, and nice surround sound :afro:

Amen :punk:
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

PreviousNext

Return to PC Games