Skyrim probs

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: Skyrim probs

Postby [$$$]PSI » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Yeah wulf is right there, I run mass effect 2 in a window so I can have the graphics higher then low and i don't have to deal with lag.

I hate steam. I buy a game at the store I expect to be able to install it without downloading it from the internet, I mean ffs that it why I get it from the damn store.

Nice avatar wulf.
[$$$]PSI
Community Member

Xfire: poundpersquareinch
Steam ID: PoundsPerSquareInches

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:03 pm

I think that people forget that laptop graphics generally have shared ram. It may say it's using 512, but it's not dedicated. I wouldn't be surprised if skyrim requires dedicated graphics ram.

It's an HP, so my guess is that the graphics card isn't that high quality and built into the motherboard. "Gaming Laptops" should have cards separated from motherboard.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Belgarath » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:57 pm

[$$$]PSI wrote: I hate steam. I buy a game at the store I expect to be able to install it without downloading it from the internet, I mean ffs that it why I get it from the damn store.

Steam is ok, but I [m'kay] hate Origin. I want to play ME3, SWTOR, and BF3 on Windows XP, but it requires Windows 7. And I have to wait at least 6 hours for one of those games to "download" from the Origin mainframe.
Belgarath
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:12 pm

I tried that too Belgarath, with Origin for SWTOR. I'd just buy any of those games at a regular store.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby CommanderRexSwGo » Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Yanoda wrote:It could be that the laptop isn't up for the task to play the game without lag, even with low graphic settings.
The minimum system requirements for the game are:
Dual Core CPU (2Ghz each)
2 Gb Ram
512 MB graphic card. GeForce 8800 or Radeon HD 3850 are the minimum cards that can run Skyrim.

Check if the laptop has the minimum specs. If it doesn't meet them, then we know the problem.
If the laptop does have the minimum specs, then it is likely the integrated GPU isn't powerful enough to do the job.

Cheers

Yanoda

No, they are not minimum, theese graphic cards are minimum to put settings in high resolution, i play witha ATI radeon mobility HD 3450 256mb and i put medium graphics on it, maybe u got virus, try to intalling this program: advanced system care 5 leatest version.
CommanderRexSwGo

Postby Darth Crater » Wed May 09, 2012 5:51 pm

CommanderRexSwGo wrote:try to intalling this program: advanced system care 5 leatest version.

No. Just no.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/iobit.com

It's unlikely that you have malware, but if you do, Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes are more than enough. The problem here, as we discussed before this was necroed, is most likely hardware.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Previous

Return to PC Games