Skyrim probs

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Skyrim probs

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:42 pm

hey guys,
i just installed skyrim on my hp laptop and ran it and EVERYTHING was very laggy. when i managed to get into level one, the screen wasnt even barely active. my laptop screen was kinda split into fourths, and those fourths we covered in strips of black and white. you might see a tree there, or something, but it was mostly just like that. oh, and this whole thing was laggy.
any suggestions?
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Re: Skyrim probs

Postby Yanoda » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 pm

What are your laptop specs?
What graphic settings did you use? Try lowering them if possible.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Yanoda wrote:What are your laptop specs?
What graphic settings did you use? Try lowering them if possible.

Cheers

Yanoda

well to answer quickly the 2nd part of that message, the laptop i used automatically adjusted the graphics settings to low.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby Yanoda » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm

It could be that the laptop isn't up for the task to play the game without lag, even with low graphic settings.
The minimum system requirements for the game are:
Dual Core CPU (2Ghz each)
2 Gb Ram
512 MB graphic card. GeForce 8800 or Radeon HD 3850 are the minimum cards that can run Skyrim.

Check if the laptop has the minimum specs. If it doesn't meet them, then we know the problem.
If the laptop does have the minimum specs, then it is likely the integrated GPU isn't powerful enough to do the job.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:51 pm

So, i just checked the specs and the laptop is fully qualified for the task, but, i found another common problem, Steam. Steam is rumored to be very bad/unreliable for Skyrim players. Skyrim= Goodbye!
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby Yanoda » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:55 pm

That's unfortunate.
Though, I have no problems with Steam and Skyrim... you can try to play Skyrim in offline mode (I never tried it yet).

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Darth Crater » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:37 am

Steam shouldn't be giving you any major issues. The problem is that while your listed laptop specs might equal the minimum PC specs, laptops are weaker. The hardware is designed to run on less power, in smaller spaces, and with less waste heat. Integrated GPU's, in particular, usually don't come anywhere close to PC graphics cards. This all translates to reduced performance, which means you need to be significantly higher than the minimum specs in order to game on a laptop.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:42 am

...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Yanoda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Darth Crater wrote:The problem is that while your listed laptop specs might equal the minimum PC specs, laptops are weaker. The hardware is designed to run on less power, in smaller spaces, and with less waste heat. Integrated GPU's, in particular, usually don't come anywhere close to PC graphics cards. This all translates to reduced performance, which means you need to be significantly higher than the minimum specs in order to game on a laptop.

Exactly, that is why I wanted to know the specs (specifications) of the laptop to be able to accurately say if the laptop is sufficient or not.

The link Samonuh provided is very helpful in determining how well you can run a game, I can only recommend using it.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I suggest trying to play it in Windowed Mode, and using the Borderless Windowed Mode Mod. Running it in Windowed mode helps my performance so well I can run textures on high instead of low.

If you need help installing it or understanding it, please watch this video talking about it. It will also show you how to play it in windowed mode as well.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Next

Return to PC Games