Revolution in MMO's? GW2

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: Revolution in MMO's? GW2

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 am

/Bump

Release date is out
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

GW2 here i come :D

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Yanoda » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Hope this is an acceptable Necro.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Ill allow it :D
I actually wonder tough, the game designers are all happy about GW2 and about how happy gamers are with it, that was one of their main reasons for creating it, instead of changing GW1.
However i wonder if they understand the huge impact this will have in gaming itself, in MMORPG's in general....
Something i did notice:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Q3-2011-Mike-Morhaime-China-Pandaria-GAAP,13934.html

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby crazyperson » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:02 am

I actually have a bet open with a real life friend of mine- whoever is first to level 40 has to give the other guy fifty bucks :P
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:15 am

I'm sorry MT, but I have to do this...it's killing me. It's not "tough"...it's "though". I've noticed that you've been mispelling it and no one corrects you. I would expect someone to tell me if I do it constantly. No disrespect.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby SWINE FLU » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 am

We're used to it, tough.

I've pre-ordered GW2. Let's see if it lives up to its expectations. If not... I'll be coming for you Minas! :gunsmilie: :lol:

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:28 am

Sure one do keep in mind that latency is a mayor in this MMORPG especially when dealing in PVP
So i will be playing on a european server, make sure we're on the same one.

@Panama

Much depends on with what i'm online, my mood, and if i'm posting @ 1AM :D

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Necro time.

I was able to take part in the small stress test last night, and all I can say is that GW2 is fantastic! Everything seemed so polished and well done. I couldn't fault it. The "Dynamic Events" are great, graphics are beautiful and the story is engaging. Gameplay is just as good... so refreshing from the other MMOs out there. You have to keep you head with you when fighting: you need to dodge, move and attack. Seemed so smooth. Questing was so fun: it makes you want to complete the whole area and unlock all the locations. I could even turn into a dog! I can't wait for the release!

Is there anyone else besides MT and I that's getting this? Especially European people... we have to have sure we're on the same server! :clap:

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm

I am pre-ordering in two weeks. I plan on getting the DDE... I hope by then I still qualify for early access.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Yanoda » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

SWINE FLU wrote:Necro time.

I was able to take part in the small stress test last night, and all I can say is that GW2 is fantastic! Everything seemed so polished and well done. I couldn't fault it. The "Dynamic Events" are great, graphics are beautiful and the story is engaging. Gameplay is just as good... so refreshing from the other MMOs out there. You have to keep you head with you when fighting: you need to dodge, move and attack. Seemed so smooth. Questing was so fun: it makes you want to complete the whole area and unlock all the locations. I could even turn into a dog! I can't wait for the release!

Is there anyone else besides MT and I that's getting this? Especially European people... we have to have sure we're on the same server! :clap:

I'd love to partake, but I'm busy with other things at the moment so I can't focus on GW2 for the moment.
Reading your comment has further sparked my interest in the Game and I'm more likely to get it now once I have more time.
I've been on the Original Guild Wars since 2 months after it was released and enjoyed the gameplay. I'll likely not be able to invest as much time in GW2 though as the previous game. :innocent:

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Previous

Return to PC Games