Unkown

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: Solsystem to C'Servoid

Postby Shalandai » Tue May 22, 2012 9:45 am

Commander Sparrow wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:Oh, in that case...carry on. Tell us more about your great adventures getting "spored".

Yes please, tell us. I wanna hear all about getting "spored." It sounds very relaxing.

Paraphrased from urbandictionary:

Spored
intr.v. to spore, spored, spor-ing

To have your reputation shredded by [people] infuriated by your [poo] treatment of them.

ex. "I got spored" - said after buying one of EA game's heavy DRMed games.

Shal's Disclaimer: I am aware of the curiously paradoxical change between the example and the description, but that's urban dictionary for you. Bottom line, though, I do find it interesting that there is in fact a 'legitimate' verb that historically formed from this game's launch / release and associated controversies. It's not entirely unbelievable, either, when you consider things like 'zerging' as natural terminology in modern gaming. I'm not sure which I find more pleasantly surprising - that "spored" does actually correspond to something, or that this perked my interest enough that I was compelled to go research its origins.
Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Postby Commander Sparrow » Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Shalandai wrote:
Commander Sparrow wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:Oh, in that case...carry on. Tell us more about your great adventures getting "spored".

Yes please, tell us. I wanna hear all about getting "spored." It sounds very relaxing.

Spored

To have your reputation shredded by [people] infuriated by your [poo] treatment of them.

Shal's Disclaimer: I am aware of the curiously paradoxical change between the example and the description, but that's urban dictionary for you. Bottom line, though, I do find it interesting that there is in fact a 'legitimate' verb that historically formed from this game's launch / release and associated controversies. It's not entirely unbelievable, either, when you consider things like 'zerging' as natural terminology in modern gaming. I'm not sure which I find more pleasantly surprising - that "spored" does actually correspond to something, or that this perked my interest enough that I was compelled to go research its origins.

Well there you have it. Good to know, thanks for that info Shal.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Postby haasd0gg » Tue May 22, 2012 1:16 pm

This thread should never have lived longer than one page :sleep1:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Commander Sparrow » Tue May 22, 2012 1:20 pm

haasd0gg wrote:This thread should never have lived longer than one page :sleep1:

Challenge Accepted! I will make this thread live 'til page 5.

Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Postby Ariel » Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Shalandai wrote:
Commander Sparrow wrote:

Spored

I have no idea what "zerging" is...
I am a white, straight, educated, conservative Christian who owns guns...I am a liberal's worst nightmare.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER >>>https://twitter.com/#!/Musical_Muze<<<

Ariel
Community Member

Xfire: 1992ariel
Steam ID: 1992ariel

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Commander Sparrow wrote:Challenge Accepted! I will make this thread live 'til page 5.

I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue May 22, 2012 8:42 pm

haasd0gg wrote:This thread should never have lived longer than one page :sleep1:

Haas, this thread is like that kitchen drawer that has everything from batteries to a can of WD-40. Junk drawer is what I believe its called.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Commander Sparrow » Wed May 23, 2012 2:09 am

Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Previous

Return to PC Games