New sword style gaming initiative

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: New sword style gaming initiative

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Here's how Kickstarter works:

1. You put up your pitch for an idea on the website, listing how much money you think you need and what people get for contributing. If you're making a game, most tiers include getting the game upon release, as well as beta access or some such.
2. People may or may not contribute, depending on how much they like your idea.
3. If and only if the amount contributed reaches or exceeds the amount you were asking for, you get the money and can now develop your product, provide the rewards, etc.

Basically, it's an amazing alternative to the current publishing system. It can and will go wrong, though - the phenomenon (in gaming at least) is less than a year old, and I'm sure we'll see plenty more failed products and scams. Not sure what their policy is if the project is funded but fails to provide what it promised.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Richdog wrote:
WD-40 wrote:Never bring a sword to a gun fight.

Au contraire:

Well...THAT knife shot like a gun. :whistling:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

[m'kay] wrote:
Col. Homestar wrote:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Okay so basicly:
We love swordfighting and think that swords(only sword, we never spoke of axes, maces, knives, pole weapons, nor any of their families)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_weapons

Nope just sword, so okay we love swords and only swords, and tough we have no expirience in making a game and we're broke we're going to try and get money from gamers to make a game they will pay for to actually play, and we're not going for a epic triple A game, just a normal game.....

So.... why would i waste my 50$ on this project instead of GW2? :whistling:

MT

:lol: I didn't even realize it was an investment opportunity till you said that. So what is this site? You just post an idea up there with a goal and people invest in it without anything but the info on the screen and maybe a video?
The only gaming addiction and pursuit of nothing but more time spent on the computer I would contribute to would be my own.

I'm pretty sure that if the project goes completely tits up you get your money back from Kickstarter or something.

Heh Heh Heh...sure you do. The money left over will already be spent on Hoes and Tropical Drinks in Tahiti. :lol:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby The Master » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Everyone should just donate to SWGO
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

Previous

Return to PC Games