New sword style gaming initiative

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

New sword style gaming initiative

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:27 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260688528/clang

This is something I stumbled over and IMMEDIATELY embraced. I have donated $100 personally to get this project running and urge any Star Wars related group and individual game lover to do the same.

How 'bout a fan made game called "Star Wars: Hero Assault"
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Re: New sword style gaming initiative

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:38 am

To be honest, i'd rather just shell out some $$$ to get into some kind of sword fighting group in real life, but it's a pretty cool idea. I like the thought of Star Wars Kid learning some real [m'kay] swordsmanship.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:14 am

It sounds pretty interesting; my main concern is whether they can solve the feedback disconnect (where your "controller", whatever form it takes, doesn't react to what happens to the ingame representation). Neal Stephenson is involved, which is a positive thing regardless of context, so we'll see.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Cute. Now if we lose all the guns and ammo in the world, then go back to the 'Dark Ages', it'll be a useful skill. Never bring a sword to a gun fight. :gunsmilie:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:01 pm

WD-40 wrote: Never bring a sword to a gun fight. :gunsmilie:

We know :lol:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm

WD-40 wrote:Cute. Now if we lose all the guns and ammo in the world, then go back to the 'Dark Ages', it'll be a useful skill. Never bring a sword to a gun fight. :gunsmilie:

IT COULD HAPPEN Image
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Okay so basicly:
We love swordfighting and think that swords(only sword, we never spoke of axes, maces, knives, pole weapons, nor any of their families)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_weapons

Nope just sword, so okay we love swords and only swords, and tough we have no expirience in making a game and we're broke we're going to try and get money from gamers to make a game they will pay for to actually play, and we're not going for a epic triple A game, just a normal game.....

So.... why would i waste my 50$ on this project instead of GW2? :whistling:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Richdog » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:54 pm

WD-40 wrote:Never bring a sword to a gun fight.

Au contraire:
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:57 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Okay so basicly:
We love swordfighting and think that swords(only sword, we never spoke of axes, maces, knives, pole weapons, nor any of their families)

Nope just sword, so okay we love swords and only swords, and tough we have no expirience in making a game and we're broke we're going to try and get money from gamers to make a game they will pay for to actually play, and we're not going for a epic triple A game, just a normal game.....

MT

:lol: I didn't even realize it was an investment opportunity till you said that. So what is this site? You just post an idea up there with a goal and people invest in it without anything but the info on the screen and maybe a video?
The only gaming addiction and pursuit of nothing but more time spent on the computer I would contribute to would be my own.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Okay so basicly:

MT

:lol: I didn't even realize it was an investment opportunity till you said that. So what is this site? You just post an idea up there with a goal and people invest in it without anything but the info on the screen and maybe a video?
The only gaming addiction and pursuit of nothing but more time spent on the computer I would contribute to would be my own.

I'm pretty sure that if the project goes completely tits up you get your money back from Kickstarter or something.
[m'kay]
MVP

Next

Return to PC Games