Mass Effect 3 Ending question [please NO spoilers]

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Mass Effect 3 Ending question [please NO spoilers]

Postby BurzaP » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:26 am

Hey ppl,
I'm about to finish ME2 and gonna buy ME3. Thing is, I've heard of an argument between community and BioWare as it comes to final of ME3. Some DLCs there were or will be released and will "fix" it. I don't know details and I don't want to know because I want to know plot on my own. So, question is, this additional finals are optional in box version? Can I choose to play in pure, original version without this new final bs? I mean, I want to experience the game like studio made it, not like gamers want to have it.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending question [please NO spoilers]

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:47 am

You can buy the game without paying for the DLC endings, yes. Personally, I didn't mind the endings in the original. But the DLC endings were better, tbh. If you've got the spare money to buy the DLCs, I would. But anyway, it's a great game! :punk:

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 pm

The Extended Cut DLC is free, and fixes a lot of problems with the endings. However I do suggest you play the original endings first, I suggest that to everyone. Then play the Extended Cut DLC. To be clear, the new endings are not exactly "how gamers wanted it" or they'd be a lot different. It stays true to how Bioware wanted it, they just elaborate and explain things, mainly plot holes.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Darth Crater » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Honestly, you won't miss all that much playing through the extended cut first. As Wulf says, it mostly fills some holes and gives you a bit more dialogue and explanation. If you want to see exactly what the rage was about, though, go ahead and play without first. Just make a save somewhere during the final mission (you'll know what the final mission is when you get there) so you can get back more easily.

By the way, if you ever want to try the multiplayer, I'm available to play.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:08 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:The Extended Cut DLC is free, and fixes a lot of problems with the endings. However I do suggest you play the original endings first, I suggest that to everyone. Then play the Extended Cut DLC. To be clear, the new endings are not exactly "how gamers wanted it" or they'd be a lot different. It stays true to how Bioware wanted it, they just elaborate and explain things, mainly plot holes.

Man, i'm sure glad I was able to play the [poo] stupid endings first instead of the endings that actually explain things and make sense. Why would you ever want to play the [poo] endings on purpose? At that point you're going to be riding high on the story, and you're honestly suggesting that anyone would rather get slapped in the face with that cock of an ending instead of one that's actually half decent? I haven't even bothered going through the game again to see the new endings, mostly because I don't actually care anymore. Burza, get the Extended Cut before playing. God, why would you suggest that someone do something that can't do anything but piss them off, that doesn't even make sense.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Darth Crater wrote:Just make a save somewhere during the final mission (you'll know what the final mission is when you get there) so you can get back more easily.

Actually, you need to start from a save before the assault on the Cerberus base, which is the second to last mission. Starting from the last mission won't work.

[m'kay] wrote:Man, i'm sure glad I was able to play the [poo] stupid endings first instead of the endings that actually explain things and make sense. Why would you ever want to play the [poo] endings on purpose? At that point you're going to be riding high on the story, and you're honestly suggesting that anyone would rather get slapped in the face with that cock of an ending instead of one that's actually half decent? I haven't even bothered going through the game again to see the new endings, mostly because I don't actually care anymore. Burza, get the Extended Cut before playing. God, why would you suggest that someone do something that can't do anything but piss them off, that doesn't even make sense.

I can see how it might not make much sense. I do have my reasons however. The new endings don't change the existing endings, they just make them appear more sound and make you feel like you didn't just doom the galaxy. For one thing, not everyone hated the original ending. Sure, like 80% weren't happy. And the crème de la crème, I don't think anyone deserves to play the new endings before the originals. The problem that happens is that you don't get to understand why the fandom reacted the way it did. Then you get people fighting and arguing about whether the endings were worth the hatred. They loose the proper perspective.

To put it bluntly, I want you to play the [poo] ending before the "better" endings. People shouldn't get special treatment just for waiting to play the game. Does this make me sound like an [derriere orifice]? Probably. But I played the [poo] ending first, and you should too. Misery loves company.

I am sorry to hear you don't care enough to play the EC endings, but I understand, being a big fan of the series can hurt at the end. I highly recommend it though. It's free, and worth it.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby Yanoda » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 pm

The ending was somewhat disappointing. Maybe because I had expectations that it would have a wide range of outcomes like the ME2 end mission.

At first I didn't understand what the fuss was about the ending in ME3 but once I got to the end... it was clear to me why. It was just stale and anti-climatic.

If you start with low expectations, you'll enjoy the ending much more.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby [m'kay] » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:10 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Darth Crater wrote:Just make a save somewhere during the final mission (you'll know what the final mission is when you get there) so you can get back more easily.

Actually, you need to start from a save before the assault on the Cerberus base, which is the second to last mission. Starting from the last mission won't work.

[m'kay] wrote:Man, i'm sure glad I was able to play the [poo] stupid endings first instead of the endings that actually explain things and make sense. Why would you ever want to play the [poo] endings on purpose? At that point you're going to be riding high on the story, and you're honestly suggesting that anyone would rather get slapped in the face with that cock of an ending instead of one that's actually half decent? I haven't even bothered going through the game again to see the new endings, mostly because I don't actually care anymore. Burza, get the Extended Cut before playing. God, why would you suggest that someone do something that can't do anything but piss them off, that doesn't even make sense.

I can see how it might not make much sense. I do have my reasons however. The new endings don't change the existing endings, they just make them appear more sound and make you feel like you didn't just doom the galaxy. For one thing, not everyone hated the original ending. Sure, like 80% weren't happy. And the crème de la crème, I don't think anyone deserves to play the new endings before the originals. The problem that happens is that you don't get to understand why the fandom reacted the way it did. Then you get people fighting and arguing about whether the endings were worth the hatred. They loose the proper perspective.

To put it bluntly, I want you to play the [poo] ending before the "better" endings. People shouldn't get special treatment just for waiting to play the game. Does this make me sound like an [derriere orifice]? Probably. But I played the [poo] ending first, and you should too. Misery loves company.

I am sorry to hear you don't care enough to play the EC endings, but I understand, being a big fan of the series can hurt at the end. I highly recommend it though. It's free, and worth it.

Dude you don't even sound like an [derriere orifice], it's just... what? Your thought process behind this is almost literally alien to me, like I feel like i've just walked into some green glowy pyramid and in the middle of it is your argument. Is hatred the point of the endings? Did I play through three games just to feel hate over a video game? No, I played to have fun and to have a good time, not to get involved in some crusade about why different colored lights don't make for a good ending. I'm pretty sure that goes for a lot of people. Special treatment? Dude what are you even saying, Bioware realized they did some dumb [poo], they fixed it, and now you're like insisting that people ruin the story for themselves for pretty much no reason? The new endings could be the equivalent of Jesus coming down from on high, telling me he exists and then telling me I get to live with him in his mansion filled with ridiculously hot women, and I still wouldn't like it after seeing those endings. It's not that the endings were that bad, it's just that if you end the story with them, playing the newer endings is just going to break the flow of the whole thing. It's kinda hard to explain, but the first ending you see is always going to be the one that feels more "real". I'd rather have the good ending, then watch the bad ones and go "haha bullet dodged [m'kay]".
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 am

Well, I've never claimed to be sane.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby Richdog » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:09 am

page 606: snape kills dumbledore
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Next

Return to PC Games