Star Wars: First Assault

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Star Wars: First Assault

Postby Jedi Power » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:35 am

IGN has reported that LucasArt's parent company has registered trademarks and domain names for something titled Star Wars: First Assault.

The domain names include the likes of StarWarsFirstAssault.com while the trademarks apparently pertain to "interactive entertainment software", including video games, for use on both computers and mobile phones.

There's also the standard array of supporting merchandise, including pencil sharpeners. The discovery of the First Assault domain and trademarks echoes what happened when Star Wars 1313 was first uncovered before its E3 announcement. The question becomes, then, whether this title is a new franchise set in the Star Wars universe, or if it builds on a previously known series.

There's not much we can guess from the name alone, though the possibility of it being an aerial combat game along the lines of Star Wars: Rebel Assault shouldn't be ruled out. The name certainly suggests an action packed game that seems unlikely to focus on the Jedi as playable characters, though how this would be differentiated from the bounty hunting exploits promised by Star Wars 1313 remains to be seen.

But there's also a sliver of hope that this may be the long-awaited reappearance of Star Wars: Battlefront III. We heard reports earlier this year that the title was still in development since being canned after the studio behind Timesplitters, Free Radical, closed.

Until LucasArts chooses to reveal more, all we can do is speculate.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Re: Star Wars: First Assault

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:08 pm

No major basis for this, but I feel like it'll be something aimed at the mobile market (iOS/Android).
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 pm

You know, as successful as BF2 has been, I'm really surprised BF3 isn't already here.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Outrider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 am

Rebel Assault is more of an arcade-type shooter, but that's what immediately came to my mind as well. The First Assault could be referring to the "Rebel spaceships striking from a hidden base" part from ANH's prologue.
Outrider
Community Member

Postby Jedi Power » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Hmmmm.... a possible X-wing series game would be great! That is what I spent all of my time on before the Battlefront series.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby BurzaP » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 am

I guess it will be another project a la SWtFU cos they killed swbf3 long time ago and there is no sentiment. Tho I would even worry if SW FA will ever appear cos LA bosses change like socks and probably each one has different vision.
However, I'm really waiting for multiplayer shooter from LA. It'd collect the old band swbf2 players and I bet this would be fun. With nowadays solutions and graphics and fresh modes, damn, that'd be great.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 am

wow lol... I created a topic in another area of the forums about the same thing. Sorry about that!! I didn't notice it existed already. :eek: i'll just copy and paste here what I posted before:

Ok guys, I know many of you are hard core battlefront fans just like me and that many of you have heard of this new game in battlefront3.net (yet, I will add the info here to inform you all).

Just recently my brother Omar was reading a thread at Kotaku of some guy saying there were two games lucasarts was developing. One was a battlefront type game and the other one was a game he couldn't even mention. Days later when Star Wars 1313 was announced, he admitted that was the game he couldn't comment. Therefore, his comments are probably true and there is a battefront type game being made. I will post my brother's email to battlefront3.net below:

LA registered First Assault domains and trademark related to a video-game. Considering the array of products from pencil sharpeners to comic books I think it`s something big. Perhaps bigger than 1313. I was looking around some Linked In profiles from Lucasarts employees and found this on Ben Retan’s page, a systems designer:

Current Title: Unannounced
• Player locomotion and weapons SCRUM pod leader
• Balancing weapon range, damage, functionality
• Setting move speed and determining navigation metrics
• Tuning controls for aim assistance on console controllers
• Setting up and maintaining animation tree
• Collaborating extensively with animators to ensure all animations and blending looks correct for both first and third person

Star Wars: 1313
• Worked to develop camera, cover and locomotion systems
• Rapidly iterated on early gameplay prototypes
• Part of team during concepting and prototyping phases

I believe that Star Wars First Assault is the second game in development at Lucasarts besides 1313. If it’s the FPS and it will have 3rd person view then this might be a game like Battlefront or Jedi Knight!
A lucasarts employee supposedly commented on Kotaku that they’re working on 2 games right now, Star Wars 1313 and a battlefront-type game which I think is First Assault.

Also, it is important to know that an image of the game cover has leaked!

Sadly, it seems it will only be sold for xbox live arcade but that doesn't mean it's going to be a crappy game. I'm sure anything they put out will have equall or better graphics that battlefront 2. Also, if you pay attention, the game cover seems to be a battle with stormtroopers in naboo!what do you guys think? is it the rebirth of the battlefront series? Will you play it?
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby BurzaP » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 pm

I've heard of it will be only for.. "It seems that, regardless whether or Star Wars: First Assault is a reborn Battlefront or not, it will be coming to XBLA. "
Doesn't look good to me :(
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby Hobo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm

I might consider it if it had online gameplay. I just hope they don't mess around with the jedi mechanics, the combat settings in SWBF 2 is probably my favorite for any game I've played.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:58 pm

I totally agree with hobo. And even though I am sure the game will be better than bf2 I really hope it won't be only for xbla because I just sold my xbox and I only like to play with my pc.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to PC Games