More leaked footage of SWBFIII

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

More leaked footage of SWBFIII

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Leaked Footage Of Star Wars’ Newest Take On Battlefield And Call of Duty

by Jason Schreier

Over the past few days, I've been talking to multiple sources about Star Wars: First Assault, the troubled multiplayer shooter that could be LucasArts's downloadable take on Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Today Kotaku can reveal gameplay footage from the Star Wars shooter, which has not been announced and may never actually make it out of the studio, even though it's almost finished.
Star Wars: First Assault was meant to be a "predecessor" to Battlefront III, we learned this week. LucasArts planned to release it this spring as a downloadable game, but Disney's acquisition of the company put all games on freeze as executives try to figure out what to do with the Star Wars property.

We've got two clips of First Assault, both cut from a trailer that was designed for internal use at LucasArts back in October/November. This is footage from an older version of the game, and may not be a perfect reflection of what First Assault looks like today, but given that LucasArts won't talk about the game, this is all we've got.

"The trailer contains all in-game footage, including known bugs and incomplete art," said a source. "In the time since it was made, many improvements have been made in performance, completeness, and quality."

The first clip is the pre-rendered intro to the trailer. It gives you a look through the eyes of a Stormtrooper putting on his helmet:

http://kotaku.a.ec.viddler.com/kotaku_1h37m1rhbvauf1ax7ywr4zl9871t54.mp4?fd9f2a1c14aadf1069f046c161f41e2b07dc779cdc68da84e89873095af717f09b7475da4ad5cca2fbb5d6adb942f9735b42bfb620f018c505ef0c56a23c935b93da2f0a246d5c21

The second clip contains gameplay footage from Star Wars: First Assault. In this clip, you can see stormtroopers and rebels battling across various Star Wars locales, like the desert planet Tatooine. It's very reminiscent of multiplayer mode in a first-person shooter like Call of Duty or Battlefield or Lucas's own Star Wars: Battlefront.

The video shows action in both first- and third-person. We don't know if that's a third-person mode or just clips from a replay (or footage designed specifically for this trailer). You can also see some of the game's guns, attacks, and special abilities:

http://kotaku.a.ec.viddler.com/kotaku_1a3lrl93sb94a1biblgtvx4mzj1hx7.mp4?fd9f2a1c14aadf1069f046c161f41e2b07dc779cdc68da84e89873095af717f09b7475da4ad5cca2fbb5d6adb942f9735b42bfb620f018c505ef0c56a23c935b93da2f0a246d5c21

It's still unclear exactly what will wind up happening with Star Wars: First Assault in the coming weeks and months. We'll continue to dig around and update you as we hear more about the new Star Wars shooter and the troubled state of LucasArts today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Leaked Screenshots From Star Wars: First Assault Show A Glorious Cloud City

http://kotaku.com/5990147/more-leaked-screenshots-from-star-wars-first-assault-show-a-glorious-cloud-city

By Jason Schreier

Yesterday we told you about Star Wars: First Assault, the troubled multiplayer shooter that may never see the light of day thanks to uncertainty at the development studio LucasArts.
First Assault was to be a downloadable "predecessor" to Star Wars: Battlefront III. It was supposed to come out this spring, but LucasArts froze all hiring and new game announcements in September and has yet to decide whether or not to release First Assault.

Today we've got some more images from the troubled shooter. Click to expand:

Last edited by CommanderOtto on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Re: More leaked footage of SWBFIII

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 pm

the link the this exact article is here:

http://kotaku.com/5990366/leaked-footage-of-star-wars-newest-take-on-battlefield-and-call-of-duty

if for some reason you can't download the videos you can click on the link and watch them in their website. They say it is a predecessor to battlefront 2 but it really is a Republic Commando if you think about it. Even the commercial of the guy putting on the stormtrooper helmet is exactly like in the RC game during the introduction video when the guy puts on the Commando helmet.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:20 pm

It's graphically stunning from what I'm used to with star wars games
I'll need to upgrade my card most likely if this ever releases

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Sir Bang » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:32 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:It's graphically stunning from what I'm used to with star wars games
I'll need to upgrade my card most likely if this ever releases

MT

+1... (I have a vista, please don't hurt me)
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Yeah, this literally looks like a Star Wars mod for Battlefield. It doesn't look bad, but it does look derivative as hell. I expect more, honestly.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:10 am

[m'kay] wrote:Yeah, this literally looks like a Star Wars mod for Battlefield. It doesn't look bad, but it does look derivative as hell. I expect more, honestly.

I'd say it all comes down to gameplay, the fact that it may look graphically like a COD or BF games just in star-wars mode is a good thing IMO, when i look at these cities i recognise them, however if the gameplay is like COD or BF then no.
I guess we'll see however i would say, that i prefer still a game that may seem like COD or BF then no game at all, considering how much time most have been waiting

Remember it's "predecessor" to SWBFIII so this isn't supposed to be a sequel of SWBFII, it's something else entirely, remember many COD and BF lovers may just love this, money talks and if this sells to them it just means more chances of SWBFIII coming along the way.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Return to PC Games