So EA just teased a new Battlefront

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Re: So EA just teased a new Battlefront

Postby Hobo » Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:
A Hobo wrote:agree with delta, regs will dominate the game. also, there's a 100% chance of cb being gone. but look on the bright side (for you EA haters), all the previous companies that tried to make bf3 went out of business. so if the curse of star wars battlefront still holds true, EA will die. :D

This is such a common misconception. Electronic Arts is a publisher, not a developer. They do not make games, they pay developers to make games and then they sell those games.

Basically what I'm saying is, if DICE were to make it (under EA), if the curse was true, then DICE would go down.

On the other hand... EA's stocks have been doing very poorly for five years, maybe their time will come soon.

Anyway. If EA keeps doing what they've been doing, they'll push their developer to meet an insane deadline, the game will be buggy and not that amazing besides its graphics at most.

If EA does what I'm hoping they'll start doing, is they'll start giving their developers more time.

Oh... yeah, see what do i know? but if the game ends up being buggy, it might be ok. look how well it blended with bf2? :whistling:
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu May 23, 2013 3:12 pm

If a game does get released you never know SWGO might be able to host the new game?

...but that would be way in the future...needs to be released first :whistling:

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 pm

The Caboose and I were discussing this last night... I think a Battlefront/SW FPS game IS on the horizon but Boosie thinks that EA bought the Star Wars rights just so they don't have to pay royalties on SWTOR... I'm hoping we're both right.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Jedi Power » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:17 pm

This just in and it has the most important information I was looking for about the game.

"We showed 22 seconds of where we're going with [Battlefront] and the fan response was very positive," says EA Games Label president Frank Gibeau. "The DICE team is well into development on that product already, so we feel very bullish about our shooter rotation over the next several years." Gibeau also mentioned that the new game will have "a third-person component," hinting that the series won't be shifting to first-person a la DICE's Battlefield franchise, or at least not entirely.

Great news!
:clap:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Previous

Return to PC Games