Does anyone know a good realistic race game?

A place to comment anything about other (not SWGO supported) games.

Does anyone know a good realistic race game?

Postby Ain't of Judgement » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:00 pm

The title tells it all.
I heard "Project Cars" has amazing graphics but there are a lot of bugs in it.
Assetto Corsa also looks pretty decent.
The upcoming F1 2015 also looks good.
Ain't of Judgement
Community Member

Xfire: Aιη'Τ φf JuΔgΣϻεπΓ

Re: Does anyone know a good realistic race game?

Postby WD-40 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Years back I played NASCAR 2002. It was very realistic for its time, you had to set up your car for the specific track type, refuel, make repairs and get tires changed. They even had a program online to create a home designed paint job and stickers for your car and your pit crew. Multiplayer too. It's supposed to be far superior today, especially the damage you could get, but I never got back into it. 200 laps is a lonnnng race to be sitting there. Had a PC steering wheel, with wheel paddles for shifting, gas and braking.

Eventually I got bored and found more excitement pulling over after bend 2, and positioning myself to go straight over from the inside toward the wall, stopping halfway just as the full pack of drivers came around at full speed of turn 2 on their 2nd lap. I'd get T-boned by the leaders, which caused all kinds of realistic wreckage for pretty much every car. I could then replay the wreck from various camera angles or inside the car. It was pretty fascinating, and no I didn't do that multiplayer. I'd have been banned from every server for a stunt like that.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Does anyone know a good realistic race game?

Postby Ain't of Judgement » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Steam has a NASCAR '15 for 20 buks. Maybe if it's on sale I'll buy it. Thanks WD !
Ain't of Judgement
Community Member

Xfire: Aιη'Τ φf JuΔgΣϻεπΓ

Return to PC Games