Move Over Guitar Hero

A place to comment anything about your favorite Wii games.

Move Over Guitar Hero

Postby Jango_Fred » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 pm

I've voiced my opinion in the past on Guitar Hero..... BUT THIS I can get into:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/09/impressions-power-gig-rise-of-the-sixstring/
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Move Over Guitar Hero

Postby samonuh » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:28 pm

"Can the music genre be revitalized? Can gaming newcomer Seven45 Studios -- a combined publisher, developer and hardware manufacturer -- sway current fans of Guitar Hero and Rock Band to try yet another music game, and one that focuses only on guitar? The odds are undoubtedly against them."

I couldn't agree more, there is no way in hell this will win over Guitar Hero fans. The point of Guitar Hero is to give people a feeling of playing guitar, not to actually 100% simulate it. First over all...trying to follow that would be complicated as hell, for most people are just looking to play a game, not learn a whole new instrument.

:dots:
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:15 am

I play Rock Band. Im pretty good at it, so I would be really good at playing guitar in real life.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby WGO-Jango » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 am

samonuh wrote:I couldn't agree more, there is no way in hell this will win over Guitar Hero fans. The point of Guitar Hero is to give people a feeling of playing guitar, not to actually 100% simulate it. First over all...trying to follow that would be complicated as hell, for most people are just looking to play a game, not learn a whole new instrument.

Actually its not that hard to learn how to play the guitar. Since Seven45 studios guitar is basically a real functioning guitar any song you learn to play through the game can then be played using a real guitar amp. Writing and reading music is harder to learn than playing the instrument. Seven45 Studios is basically setting up to do what Guitar Hero and Rock Band never did, create user generated content that allows people to both write then share their music. With the ability to record music digitally this will really appeal to small town bands. If Seven45 Studios plays their cards right and follows through this Power Gig could be a real winner.
WGO-Jango

Postby samonuh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 am

You people know nothing about the Guitar Hero community... :-| I think I might post this on ScoreHero and see what they think
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Jango_Fred » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:37 am

Check me if I'm wrong... but speaking solely on behalf of myself... I never claimed to know anything about the Guitar Hero community. So, thank you for pointing out what I already knew. As far as this game usurping Guitar Hero's place at the top of the music -gaming ranks.... I really don't have an opinion. My original intent was to bring to the table a discussion on a game that will probably appeal much more to actual guitar players.
samonuh wrote:You people know nothing about the Guitar Hero community... :-| I think I might post this on ScoreHero and see what they think

:roll:
haasd0gg wrote:I play Rock Band. Im pretty good at it, so I would be really good at playing guitar in real life.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby samonuh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:37 am

Jango_Fred wrote:Check me if I'm wrong... but speaking solely on behalf of myself... I never claimed to know anything about the Guitar Hero community. So, thank you for pointing out what I already knew. As far as this game usurping Guitar Hero's place at the top of the music -gaming ranks.... I really don't have an opinion. My original intent was to bring to the table a discussion on a game that will probably appeal much more to actual guitar players.
samonuh wrote:You people know nothing about the Guitar Hero community... :-| I think I might post this on ScoreHero and see what they think

:roll:
haasd0gg wrote:I play Rock Band. Im pretty good at it, so I would be really good at playing guitar in real life.

Sorry, I was really actually flaming at the article author, not you...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby CanadaDuck » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:06 am

(Idk how old this post is i rly dont care)

I will have to look at this some more, im sure it wont move guitar hero and rock band player over, but even so i would want to try this, I am pro at both guitar hero and rock band, and i also play the electric guitar. I would be interested how it works, at the least. :git:
Image . . .
Mace Windu: ''You are granted a seat on this council, but your still a n00b.
CanadaDuck
Community Member

Xfire: x1canadaduck1x

Postby samonuh » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:36 am

CanadaDuck wrote:I am pro at both guitar hero and rock band

No...you're not
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby CanadaDuck » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:23 am

samonuh wrote:
CanadaDuck wrote:I am pro at both guitar hero and rock band

No...you're not

If only i had it for pc and could vid with xfire...
Image . . .
Mace Windu: ''You are granted a seat on this council, but your still a n00b.
CanadaDuck
Community Member

Xfire: x1canadaduck1x

Next

Return to Wii Games