setting up an xbox

A place to comment anything about your favorite Xbox games.

setting up an xbox

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Hey im getting a xbox 360 and i've heard things about it not working so...if you got an xbox 360 but all of a sudden it doesn't work here's why:

1. it may be because its sitting up not on its side

2. check if the power button is red

3. you got ripped off (unless) you bought it at gamestop or another game store.

if you have any of these then here's is why it does not work. It must be on its side because it has 2 air vents one on the bottom on one on the top (open space needed) or if you don't think this is why....might as well get a new xbox cuz that's all i heard was wrong 0____0.

hope that helped!
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

Re: setting up an xbox

Postby WGO-Jango » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:03 am

Here's the proper way to setup your Xbox.
1. Open a window close to the television you wish to connect you Xbox.
2. Place newly purchased Xbox on the widow sill of said open window, you'll need the open space and extra ventilation for your Xbox.
3. This is the most important step, after having placed your Xbox in the open window give it a good push out said window.
4. If Xbox is still intact repeat steps 1-3, if it is in several pieces move on to step 5 for support.
5. Congratulations you've successfully setup your new Xbox and are now ready to purchase a PS3, a real gaming console and an upgrade from some whinny little kid's Halo induced wet dream to a man's console.
WGO-Jango

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 am

Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:Here's the proper way to setup your Xbox.
2. Place newly purchased Xbox on the widow sill of said open window, you'll need the open space and extra ventilation for your Xbox.
3. This is the most important step, after having placed your Xbox in the open window give it a good push out said window.
4. If Xbox is still intact repeat steps 1-3, if it is in several pieces move on to step 5 for support.
5. Congratulations you've successfully setup your new Xbox and are now ready to purchase a PS3, a real gaming console and an upgrade from some whinny little kid's Halo induced wet dream to a man's console.

6. Upgrade to Pro today!
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby White_Tiger_Zord » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Nargotah wrote:
Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:Here's the proper way to setup your Xbox.

6. Upgrade to Pro today!

You mean upgrade PSN Plus Today ! =P
ImageImage
=(SWGO)=SG-1_F-302
White_Tiger_Zord
Community Member

Xfire: whitetigerzord
Steam ID: SG-1_F-302

Postby sparky56p » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:11 am

hey dont diss on the xbox because you like ps3 more (90% of people who prefer ps3 only do so because of free online)

other than the online what is really better about the PS3

We get most new releases first most games have better graphics and our support is awsome not to mention the wide veriety of features we have

Add me online
Sparky56p
You know, I think that R2 unit we bought may have been stolen
sparky56p
Community Member

Postby WGO-Jango » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:31 am

Yeah but why would you buy a game console from the same people who brought you Windows Vista?

Features and support for both consoles is nearly identical anymore, Sony has put some serious work into closing the game in experience between the PSN and XBL. The only feature that the PSN doesn't have yet is cross-game chat, it is said, however, that Sony is currently working on it.

Console decision comes down to four things anymore:
1. Are you comfortable with paying for online play? (prices are low)
2. What game exclusives are available for each console?
3. Have you made the jump to Blu-Ray yet?
4. What do your friends have? (probably the biggest decision maker)
WGO-Jango

Postby burzerker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Consoles suck! If you did overheat the XBOX though it may not be totally trashed, you can buy replacement parts online and they aren't hard to work on. My Xbox (original one) got nailed by a lightning strike and took out the power supply, $30 later and an hour of work it was all fixed.
"The democracy will ceases to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
burzerker
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:30 pm

burzerker wrote:Consoles suck! If you did overheat the XBOX though it may not be totally trashed, you can buy replacement parts online and they aren't hard to work on. My Xbox (original one) got nailed by a lightning strike and took out the power supply, $30 later and an hour of work it was all fixed.

Beat tht jango :gunsmilie:
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:57 pm

(Rogue).ltc.dan.(SWGO) wrote:
burzerker wrote:Consoles suck! If you did overheat the XBOX though it may not be totally trashed, you can buy replacement parts online and they aren't hard to work on. My Xbox (original one) got nailed by a lightning strike and took out the power supply, $30 later and an hour of work it was all fixed.

Beat tht jango :gunsmilie:

He already did. It's called owning a ps3.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)KT » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:14 am

I have an Xbox and I really only play on the Kinect!! I love the Kinect... :3
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Next

Return to Xbox Games