Playstation move

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Playstation move

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Anyone getting Move this week?
I've been watching the development for a couple years and can't wait to give it a try.
Wife preordered it for me for my birthday.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Re: Playstation move

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Im waiting for someone else to spend THEIR money on it and report back :whistling:
Im afraid, like most innovative new add-ons, it will be super awesome for the first week then just be old. (Rock Band and Ride come to mind)
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Meh. It'll end up being crappy games such as Deca Sports. Movement consoles are where you get your poop.
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby CanadaDuck » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Remote looks like a wii knockoff(?)
Image . . .
Mace Windu: ''You are granted a seat on this council, but your still a n00b.
CanadaDuck
Community Member

Xfire: x1canadaduck1x

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:19 am

I'll report on it once I've played.
It's cool because the sphere can be so precisely measured you get great depth and position data to the game, and the motion controller does the rest.
I don't know, to me it's a better system that Xbox Kinect or Wii, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding as they say.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/play ... ve-review/

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/playstati ... formation/
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:25 am

Matt-Chicago wrote:I'll report on it once I've played.
It's cool because the sphere can be so precisely measured you get great depth and position data to the game, and the motion controller does the rest.
I don't know, to me it's a better system that Xbox Kinect or Wii, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding as they say.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/play ... ve-review/

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/playstati ... formation/

The actual motion Kinect, no the Slim, isn't out yet. You don't hold controllers with Kinect.
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:35 pm

(SWGO)2EAZY wrote:
You don't hold controllers with Kinect.

Yes, which is why I believe Move will be much more accurate.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:
(SWGO)2EAZY wrote:
You don't hold controllers with Kinect.

Yes, which is why I believe Move will be much more accurate.

Well... if you do buy it... don't chuck your controller through your TV screen.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby WGO-Jango » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:04 am

I remember back in E3 Sony did a demo and I was amazed by how accurate the movement was, something like 1:1. I've played boxing for the Wii and the player movwments don't reflect the controller movements. You also had to hold the controller a certain way foe it to work properly. Supposedly, Move will work no matter which way you hold the remote.

Just like the Wii the will be a bunch of sports games available to play on day one but with titles such as Killzone 3 and the next Socom game being Move enabled I can see alot of people looking to pick this up. And yes Move does have a gun accessory, I might not pick up Move until Christmas but all I need is the wand I already have the PS Eye.
WGO-Jango

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 pm

I've been playing with mine since Friday.
It is very accurate and some of the games are very fun. Unlike Wii (which I also have) you can't just flick the controller, you actually have to do the motion. After two days playing, my whole body was sore.

Some gripes - you have to have a lot of room in front of your TV so that the motion controller stays in view of the camera at all times. Sometimes you have to lift the controller over your head and put it as low as your knees. Even with the Eye on wide angle, you have to be quite a distance away from the camera to get all that in view.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Next

Return to Playstation Games