Playstation move

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Re: Playstation move

Postby (SWGO)2EAZY » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:I've been playing with mine since Friday.
It is very accurate and some of the games are very fun. Unlike Wii (which I also have) you can't just flick the controller, you actually have to do the motion. After two days playing, my whole body was sore.

Some gripes - you have to have a lot of room in front of your TV so that the motion controller stays in view of the camera at all times. Sometimes you have to lift the controller over your head and put it as low as your knees. Even with the Eye on wide angle, you have to be quite a distance away from the camera to get all that in view.

They need some kind of sensor bar with an eye- like thing that gets a good view of anything close, far away, up high, down low, and so forth.
It doesn't matter how far a puller can launch or how good he is at at the game. He's still a n00b.
(SWGO)2EAZY
Community Member

Postby WGO-Jango » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:41 am

So Matt what is the best play area then 5 or 6 feet from your TV? And have you tried moving your PS Eye to a different spot, may have problems tracking the controller depending on where you have the camera placed?
WGO-Jango

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:52 am

Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:So Matt what is the best play area then 5 or 6 feet from your TV? And have you tried moving your PS Eye to a different spot, may have problems tracking the controller depending on where you have the camera placed?

Seems to me the further the better, depending on the game.
In some games, you have to be able to swipe at knee level as well as arms fully extended above your head, and so you have to fit all of that in the camera frame when setting up. I think eight feet is ideal, so if you're in a cramped room it will be tough.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby pojay » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:58 am

Now, I was thinking about it but its just like the wii maybe a bit different but still pretty close I will still have to infer on this decision for move.
pojay
Community Member

Xfire: pojay123

Postby Matt-Chicago » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:05 am

pojay wrote:Now, I was thinking about it but its just like the wii maybe a bit different but still pretty close I will still have to infer on this decision for move.

It has much better accuracy that Wii but like all of these motions technologies there seems to still be more work to be done.
It's much more challenging than Wii primarily because of the accuracy.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Previous

Return to Playstation Games