Sony's PlayStation Phone

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Sony's PlayStation Phone

Postby WGO-Jango » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Well if you haven't heard the buzz around the net as of late, Sony's new PlayStation Phone is the hot topic of the week. Numerous pictures, specs, and videos have been leaked by several Chinese websites show casing some the features of the yet-to-be announced phone. What has most people interested is the PlayStation Pocket application mostly because of the lack of information available for it. It's said to be the game launching application on the phone but it is still unknown if the phone will play PSone or PSP games or both. Have a look at one of the sources for more information, pictures or videos on the PlayStation Phone.

Sony PlayStation Phone
  • 1GHz Snapdragon QSD8255 CPU
  • Qualcomm Adreno 205 GPU
  • 854 x 480 resolution
  • 4inch diagonal screen
  • 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash
  • 720p video recording
  • 1,500mAh battery capacity

Source:Engadget,JoyStiq
WGO-Jango

Re: Sony's PlayStation Phone

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:43 pm

i just bought the sonny erricson vivaz.

-GPS
-WIFI
-Touch screen
-3.5G sistem
-Simbian
-8.1 megapixels
-HD camera

Some more suff i cant remember it all
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Jango_Fred » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Sort of like buying a moped to satisfy your need to ride a crotch-rocket. Although the phone will be very well done, it will pale in comparison to the actual PS3 experience, hence would only be a brief novelty for me. I am a devout Android user at this point.... ALTHOUGH, I have 2 lines ready for upgrade so I will probably snag a Verizon iPhone when it comes out and if I don;t like it, sell it for retail on eBay.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WGO-Jango » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 am

Well its the "price of portability". Portability means having reduced resolution, processing power, and storage compared so something bulkier. However, with phones having 1GHz processors in them I'm willing to bet it won't be long before we see the first 2 or 3GHz processors for phones popping up. When that happens you'll finally have the processing power to play TODAY'S physics crunching games.

As far as the PS Phone is concerned I've seen ONE video that shows its game playing abilities. The quality of the graphics is something similar to that of the iPhone or even some of the Android phones (3.0 or higher I'm guessing). It is a smartphone and contains everything a smartphone today has; GPS, touchscreen, accelerometer, WIFI capability, a beefy camera and HD video recording/editing.The problem isn't really what the phone has or doesn't have but whether or not people are going to be willing to let go of their iPhones and Android Evos and try this new never before seen product that is being marketed as a truer than true multi-media device. Where gaming is part of the phone not simply something the phone CAN do.

It'll be interesting and I'll be waiting to see what the consumer reports and various electronic product review sites will have to say about this phone. But it definitely has my interest.
WGO-Jango

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Verizon is FINALLY coming out with the iPhone. Everything in my house is Verizon. Been wanting one of those for soooo long. :clap:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby pojay » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:56 am

If this is true that would be awesome

One question can you play ps3 games on it!?!?
pojay
Community Member

Xfire: pojay123

Postby WGO-Jango » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 pm

A lot is unknown about the gaming capabilities of the PS Phone, Pojay, I don't think you'll be able to play PS3 games in the sense of resolution. I imagine they'll be PS3 ports, they'll play about the same but the resolution of the game will be reduced to something like 720p or even 480p.
WGO-Jango

Return to Playstation Games