New PSP Unveiled

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

New PSP Unveiled

Postby Matt-Chicago » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Betcha didn't think this day would come, but it finally has. Sony has just come clean with its next-generation PlayStation Portable. It's actually codenamed NGP and will revolve around five key concepts: Revolutionary User Interface, Social Connectivity, Location-based Entertainment, Converging Real and Virtual (augmented) Reality. It will be compatible with the PlayStation Suite and is backwards-compatible with downloadable PSP games and content from Sony's PlayStation Store.

Specs include a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, 5-inch touchscreen OLED display with 960 x 544 resolution, dual analog sticks (not nubs as on the current generation), 3G, WiFi, GPS, a rear-mounted touchpad, the same accelerometer / gyroscope motion sensing as in the PlayStation Move, an electronic compass, and cameras on both the front and back. Available this holiday season.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/the-sony-psp2/
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Re: New PSP Unveiled

Postby SWINE FLU » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:38 pm

That is so mine.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:40 pm

LOL

almost like the leaked images of the new sony erricson whith an PSP GO integrated
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby WGO-Jango » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Matt beat me to it but yeah I knew they were unveiling it here shortly. It's what everyone has been calling the PSP2 for the last I don't know 2 years maybe. The specs seem really good on this generation, I am interested how they're going to do the who 3G thing, I'd imagine you'll need a data plan of sorts but through who? My next question is with both front and back cameras does this mean we will be able to video chat with other PSP2 users(seems likely)? Still in more disappointed that the screen isn't atleast 720p, whatever this latest generation I might buy. And the official unvieling of the PS Phone won't be until MWC, three weeks from now.
WGO-Jango

Postby Matt-Chicago » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Rear mounted touch pad - should be very interesting.

The 3G might not carry any additional fees, just a more expensive unit, kind of like the Amazon Kindle.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Return to Playstation Games