PSN down

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Re: PSN down

Postby WGO-Jango » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 am

Sorry Haas I can't do that Call of Duty [poo] anymore. The fanboys and little 12 year old kids just annoy me to the point that I get no enjoyment out of the game whatsoever. There's no point in playing a game if I'm not being entertained while playing it. I've been playing Battlefield since Bad Company 1 hit PS3 and its by far my favorite FPS. The maps are big, the environments are destructible and vehicles are ripe for the picking-off.

On topic: PS Blog states it working around the clock to bring the network back online but is also working to strengthen the system during this down time to prevent this from happening again. Guess it'll be a few more days until the network comes back online.
WGO-Jango

Postby Corpse » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:29 pm

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:21 pm

ask me why call of duty is so fun? whats the greatness about it? if you think about call of duty, halo, and starwars republic commando they have the same hud. Gun on the right the way body dies and when you go on the body (sometimes) you can move it around, or is it just commando and halo BUT ANYWAYS what im trying to say is that every stinkin shooting game other than swbf 2 and 1 are totally the same MAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :grrr:
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:23 pm

I am sick of this crap! It is so stupidly unoften I get a chance to play and here I am looking at "network undergoing maintenance".
I get that the hackers are pissed but now they're crampin my style. Attack Sony's assets all you want but leave the damn psn alone!
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:52 pm

i agree with getting a wii...i will trade you my black wii for your ps

condition: pefect

games: idk maybe 25 or 37 0_o

remotes: 5

nunchucks: i believe i have 3 in total

price: your ps

sent via: UPS

censor bar condition: perfect (i suggest it leveled and don't play to close or on the side.)

Now to get my parents & your permission to trade :lol:
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Postby Flyswamper » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 pm

You guys that are looking at Battlefield 3.....

The reading that I've done (from interviews of the DICE developers) suggests that they will likely have to seriously "turn down" the graphics and certain other aspects of the game engine to get it to run on the consoles. I'm sure they will have to turn things down just to appeal to a wider PC audience (i.e. not require everyone to upgrade to the latest/greatest most powerful PC).

But... my point is.... supposedly there is going to be a marked difference in the PC game engine from the console engine. If you are like me, you'd have fun playing it on whatever platform you have, so it's kinda a moot point.

If I wasn't so lazy and wasn't so overwhelmed with real life work stuff today (having to respond to a CEO request ASAP ) I'd find those articles where I read that stuff.... But alas.... you'll just have to take my word for it or go find the articles yourself.

Oh... and to ltc.dan....

At one level, all shooters are essentially the same. You run around shooting the enemy. For me, though, the thing that has set previous Battlefield titles (Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, and a bit of Bad company 2) apart are the built-in team-play aspects. The squad structure, the built-in VOIP and chat system for all/team/squad level communications. The destructible environment they use in the Frostbite engine adds a whole new dimension to tactics and gameplay also. Those are things that you do not find in other shooters I think (even the COD franchise). And for me... the teamwork added aspects are what keeps me coming back to it rather than coming back to SWBFII or even newer titles like Medal of Honor (where the graphics are nice but the teamwork is non-existent)...
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Did you guys know that swbf 3 is coming out. Since one of the people that helped with swbf 2 shut down a new company called sparks is helping with it, it is to come out early next year or this year when the revenge of sith blu-ray comes out... or is it the phantom menace...eh but anyways its said to come out that day. On sparks website they say there making a type of game that sounds so much like swbf iii :clap: i got this from a trusted source :punk: .
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 pm

(Rogue).ltc.dan.(SWGO) wrote:Did you guys know that swbf 3 is coming out. Since one of the people that helped with swbf 2 shut down a new company called sparks is helping with it, it is to come out early next year or this year when the revenge of sith blu-ray comes out... or is it the phantom menace...eh but anyways its said to come out that day. On sparks website they say there making a type of game that sounds so much like swbf iii :clap: i got this from a trusted source :punk: .

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Corpse » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Lulz.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 pm

yeah yeah laugh it up 0__o
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member