Take that Failbox lovers!!!

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Take that Failbox lovers!!!

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 am

All I can say is LO-MF-L

MSNBC.com

Microsoft bans up to 1 million Xbox Live users
Gamers who have altered consoles not permitted to use gaming service
By Suzanne Choney
updated 6:18 p.m. ET, Wed., Nov . 11, 2009

Anywhere between an estimated 600,000 and 1 million players who use Microsoft's Xbox Live gaming service will be cut off from the service because they have modified their game consoles or played games that were illegally downloaded from file-sharing sites, according to the company.

"All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and that modifying their Xbox 360 console violates the Xbox Live terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox Live," Microsoft said in a statement Wednesday.

(Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)

The timing of the statement coincides with the release this week of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2," a highly anticipated Xbox 360 game. The game's release means big sales
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Re: Take that Failbox lovers!!!

Postby WGO-Jango » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:14 am

I laughed hard.

How much do you want to bet most of those banned players bounce to PS3? I'm thinking game retailers will start either doing an XBL test before trade in or request the blacklist from M$. As far as I know Sony doesn't have anything against people upgrading hard drives using third party companies. I do know swapping hard drives does void your warranty, you have to remove the warranty sticker to switch them.
WGO-Jango

Postby X-Daytona10-X » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 pm

so if i cut a hole in my xbox and put a plexiglass window in it and put blue l.e.d.s in it they can ban me? lmfao wow...
I enjoy matt s company

FYI I copied the matt thing from dove i made this sentence so she wouldn't whine about people stealing her idea ;o
X-Daytona10-X
SWBF2 Admin

Postby KOko » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:21 am

no, Daytona, they will ban you if you mod your firmware to be able to run pirated disks.
still, it's not the whole part of the truth... you can still mod and be ban free...
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Return to Playstation Games