Playstation 4

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Playstation 4

Postby Jango<9thAC-Gen> » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 pm

So, who's getting one? The console is pretty impressive from everything I've read and seen. Sony is gearing this generation more towards gaming as evident in its 8GB of RAM and its 1.84 TFLOP GPU which hopefully means gaming in 1080p (finally, yay!). Some of my favorite new features are having the ability to charge the DS4 while the system is in standby mode and being able to share the last 20 seconds of gameplay. My biggest concern right now is the lack of backwards compatibility.

Sony has already said there won't be any direct backwards compatibility for any disc based or PS3 generation PSN games but will offer a game streaming feature. Right now the specifics on that feature are vague at best and it might mean having to buy again games that I already have on disc. Hopefully any games I've purchased through the PSN can simply be re-verified as being purchased and then downloaded or streamed without having to buy the game again.
“Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.” - Douglas MacArthur
Discord: WGO-Jango #8876
Jango<9thAC-Gen>
Community Member

Steam ID: jango210
Origin ID: WGO-Jango

Re: Playstation 4

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm absolutely getting one (duh). The backwards compatibility concerned me with the ps3, so much, that I got the more expensive one that could play ps2 games. That feature was utilized exactly twice, when my kids demanded sing star.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Dad » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Not I. Sad to say, most of my interest in gaming left this world with the blue eyes and blonde hair. I rarely look at my PS3.
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:15 pm

I will buying one. Even though my PS3 took a dump on me. I think it's better than the Xbox One. Fair to say, I imagine both are adding new information about their systems and wares, as we approach launch dates. But at this point.. PS4 is what's on my Xmas list.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm debating between the PS4 and the XBox One. Though the PS4 seems of slightly higher quality, I have and enjoy my current XBox...
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Jango<9thAC-Gen> » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 am

The new XMB looks really good, the whole live stream gaming action and the ability to instantly join the room the stream is coming from is really cool. I'd still like to see how the PS4 handles things like web browsing, the web browsing of the PS3 has always been a bit clumsy and not being able to update the browser to the latest flash version drove me nuts. What I want the most from Sony right now is more detail on this streaming feature that's suppose to be offered starting next year. And I agree with Pepsi it really looks like Sony put some serious R&D into creating a quality console.
“Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.” - Douglas MacArthur
Discord: WGO-Jango #8876
Jango<9thAC-Gen>
Community Member

Steam ID: jango210
Origin ID: WGO-Jango

Postby Hobo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:56 pm

i would have gotten a ps4, but online requires subscription so... hella no
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:14 am

A Hobo wrote:i would have gotten a ps4, but online requires subscription so... hella no

You, my friend, are hella wrong :ugeek:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Hobo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:50 am

Sorry haas, that article just stated no additional costs for ps4 "extras". you still have to pay 50$ per year, or 18 for 3 months. (which actually isn't that bad now that i think about it..)
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby WD-40 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:37 am

Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:So, who's getting one?

My money is on 'Psycho Dad'. He MUST be playing BF2 on a PS to throw Dets as fast as he does. Takes little damage (or none) dishes out max damage, Never any chat by him either. My gaming Laptop is slooowww compared to whatever he uses.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Next

Return to Playstation Games