Dante's Inferno

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Dante's Inferno

Postby WGO-Jango » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:13 pm

EA has released a demo of the game on the PSN today with an Xbox 360 version to be released Dec. 24th. EA has also announced that they will be releasing the "Divine Edition" exclusively on the PS3 coming this February. The Divine Edition will include developer commentary, a Wayne Barlowe "digital art book," the game's soundtrack, and a digitized complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri's Inferno all for $60, the same price tag for the normal version available for Xbox.

If the game is anything like the poem I wouldn't expect it to have anything lower than an "M" rating. I'll give my impression of the demo once I've given it a play through but from some of the videos available the game looks very interesting, especially some of the Hell spawn monsters that can be seen.
WGO-Jango

Re: Dante's Inferno

Postby Centurion » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:35 am

Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:Image
EA has released a demo of the game on the PSN today with an Xbox 360 version to be released Dec. 24th. EA has also announced that they will be releasing the "Divine Edition" exclusively on the PS3 coming this February. The Divine Edition will include developer commentary, a Wayne Barlowe "digital art book," the game's soundtrack, and a digitized complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri's Inferno all for $60, the same price tag for the normal version available for Xbox.

If the game is anything like the poem I wouldn't expect it to have anything lower than an "M" rating. I'll give my impression of the demo once I've given it a play through but from some of the videos available the game looks very interesting, especially some of the Hell spawn monsters that can be seen.

I wonder who's idea this was. Sounds pretty good though :git:
God Bless the U.S Army

I'm not proud of the Confederacy, I'm proud of the South. I'm not proud of the Slave owners, I'm proud of my ancestors. Most of all I'm Proud of The United states of America.
Centurion
Community Member

Xfire: bentheroman
Steam ID: centurion404

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:09 pm

I played the demo this morning. If you like the "God of War" series you'll like this game.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Matt- were still waiting for you on MW2...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)Master Rex » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:12 pm

dante's inferno.. isnt that the book that talks about hell or something like that? iv been meaning to read it.
(SWGO)Master Rex
Community Member

Xfire: hebrux

Postby WGO-Jango » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:58 pm

I've played the demo a few times now and I cannot wait for this game to come out. It is a lot like God of War, a linear hack and slash game, but the game elements are so unique and original. Give the official website a look, you can explore the various circles of Hell and watch some Dev Daries on the development of the circles of Hell, Dante's Inferno Game Official Site
WGO-Jango

Postby WGO-Jango » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Well I've played this game the whole way through and I'm impressed. While the game doesn't stick to the book for obvious reasons it does have an interesting story to it that makes you want to progress further. The boss fights do get harder as you move through the game. Surprisingly, the game doesn't get a repetitive feel to it and could be due to upgrades and a mixing of enemies from previous levels as you make your way through Hell. The option to punish or absovle enemies and souls is an intersting concept both yielding souls and karma. I won't dive into the story too much but Virgil does follow you through Hell but more as a casual commetter than a companion. If you're a fan of linear hack and slash games or just want a break from the usual grind Dante's Inferno isn't a bad pick.
WGO-Jango

Return to Playstation Games