Questions about ps3

A place to comment anything about your favorite Playstation games.

Questions about ps3

Postby Chin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 pm

I want to know if there are any good offline multiplayer / splitscreen games. and if two people can play multiplayer from the same console, I.E. two epople playing mw2?

also I was wondering i I can download the update for my ps3 on the internet, save it to a flash drive and stick it in my ps3? please answer.
Last edited by Chin on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chin
Community Member

Re: Questions about ps3

Postby WGO-Jango » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Unfortunately there aren't that many splitscreen or muti-splitscreen games for PS3 or any other console than the Wii. Army of Two Little Big Planet can be played by two or more players and are among the best games available for the PS3.

As for updating your PS3; yes you can update your PS3 via flash drive. I'll give you the URL when I'm not on my phone.
WGO-Jango

Postby Chin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:12 pm

can you play mw2 spec ops splitscreen? and can you turn off the blood splattering whenever you get shot? also, can you play splitscren online?
Chin
Community Member

Postby Jango_Fred » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WGO-Jango » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Chin wrote:can you play mw2 spec ops splitscreen? and can you turn off the blood splattering whenever you get shot? also, can you play splitscren online?

No, no and no. Spec Ops is online co-op only and the blood splatter is part of the game that can't be turned off, at least on the consoles. And thanks for throwing up that link Fred.
WGO-Jango

Postby Chin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:34 pm

well I know I heard of one called warhawk. can you play two player cod4?
Chin
Community Member

Postby WGO-Jango » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Scratch that, you can play split screen Spec Ops on MW2 and you can play split screen on COD4.
WGO-Jango

Postby Chin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:45 pm

is cod4 a good game? would it be worth it to play that and then move up to mw2? also, are there any other great two player shooters/action/etc. thanks so much, this is really helpful.
Chin
Community Member

Postby WGO-Jango » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm

I enjoyed COD4 mostly for the multiplayer and MW2 and COD4 can be bought separately the story lines are not linked. Army of Two and Army of Two: The 40th Day are two games made to be co-op so they're possibly your best choices in terms of FPSs; Little Big Planet is another co-op game that is fairly good. So word of advice though Chin, to get the best possible experience on your PS3 its best to have it connected to the internet, buy a wireless router if you need to.
WGO-Jango

Return to Playstation Games