R. I. P. Spock

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

R. I. P. Spock

Postby Duel of Fates » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Sad day for sci fi fans. Leonard Nimoy passed away this morning. He was Jedi, before Jedi was cool.

Live long, and prosper.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Re: R. I. P. Spock

Postby WD-40 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Yeah, saw that a few hours ago. Definitely my Favorite space character, even including 'Wars'. Nimoy was awesome.

For you younglings out there, smoking kills...even after you quit. Once the damage is done, it will haunt you. Contributed to my Dad's death too.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Brazosgrad » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Wish we could all go out with as much class and respect as this gentleman did. And I just thought I felt bad when Scotty died...
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:01 am

Still a good actor til the end, too. You guys must've watched Fringe...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby WD-40 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:48 am

Brazosgrad wrote:Wish we could all go out with as much class and respect as this gentleman did. And I just thought I felt bad when Scotty died...

I gotta find the photo I got with Walter Koenig (aka Checkov, who was also promoting some comic book he wrote, that I never heard of)) during the one and only time I went to a Star Trek Convention when I lived a short time in Indiana. If I find it, I will post it. I may have been the 'one and only non-dork' there. But I wore shorts with a striped shirt, so I looked like someone who was trying desperately to hang onto reality, while being pulled into some futuristic [poo] fantasy to be lost forever. Anyway, around 1994, I was in the parking lot in Indianapolis for that Convention, when James Doohan (aka 'Scotty) was driving a Motor Home into the lot with a "Where the Fuc am I gonna park this thing?!?" look on his face. Truly spooked out. I'll never forget that one. Cracked me up! Made me also think..wow, these people are truly just like the rest of us.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:24 am

I was never really into Star Trek..but I loved him in "In Search Of". One of my all time TV greatest shows favorite. R.I.P. Mr Leonard Nimoy.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:56 am

R.I.P. The Original Galvatron...
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:47 pm

live long and prosper - my favorite phrase
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat May 23, 2015 4:45 pm

WD-40 wrote:
Brazosgrad wrote:Wish we could all go out with as much class and respect as this gentleman did. And I just thought I felt bad when Scotty died...

I gotta find the photo I got with Walter Koenig (aka Checkov, who was also promoting some comic book he wrote, that I never heard of)) during the one and only time I went to a Star Trek Convention when I lived a short time in Indiana. If I find it, I will post it. I may have been the 'one and only non-dork' there. But I wore shorts with a striped shirt, so I looked like someone who was trying desperately to hang onto reality, while being pulled into some futuristic [poo] fantasy to be lost forever. Anyway, around 1994, I was in the parking lot in Indianapolis for that Convention, when James Doohan (aka 'Scotty) was driving a Motor Home into the lot with a "Where the Fuc am I gonna park this thing?!?" look on his face. Truly spooked out. I'll never forget that one. Cracked me up! Made me also think..wow, these people are truly just like the rest of us.

LMAO, I can't believe I missed this post. Scotty with the motor home :lol:

I just had my graduation ceremony a few weeks ago (Economics) at that place. There really is no place to park that thing. I wonder how he managed it.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 am

I have removed the post by lucygp and banned the account permanently because there was a spam link in the user's signature. to some MMO gold for sale site.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Return to Non-Game Discussions