Decent BF2 Laptop ideas?

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Decent BF2 Laptop ideas?

Postby WD-40 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:39 pm

I travel a lot, overnighting at hotels. I have two work computers that don't have the hardware necessary for BF2. I want to purchase a 'decent', not 'extravagant' Laptop to play BF2, that BF2 will work very well on. I don't care about high performance gaming like Assassin 2, or Halo, etc as I never play any others anyway. I REALLY need good advice on a brand of Laptop with decent Graphics, audio drivers, ram, CPU that I could take on the road. I'm looking to keep it between $600 to $1,000. Good 'Used' ones?
Thanks!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Decent BF2 Laptop ideas?

Postby koolcat101 » Sun May 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Well I am all out of idea's

They make Vista computers with basic, premium, etc. up that was the same as they do laptops.So I say If you get a vista laptop that is premium or even bussiness I think would work for starwars.They shouldn't cost more than $1000. And it really depends where you live. Where I live a premium computer costs $1500 where as where you live maybe they cost less or more. And no one likes Vista but I don't mind, I don't even have windows seven and my vista is fine. You definetly need a mouse to paly starwars on a laptop. Wireless if preferable among most laptop users. But You could just look at the specs of the computer and google the requirements for starwars. I don't think they are too high.

But anyhow I really don't know. Hopefully an admin or someone will have some better advice than me.
$0@p-&2o20

koolcat101
Community Member

Xfire: soap82020

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun May 30, 2010 1:59 pm

I use an Hp G60-120 (i think). It does ok, but must be set to the lowest graphics setting and I need to use an cooling pad. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and spent about $550 on it at best buy.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Chin » Sun May 30, 2010 4:49 pm

get the HP DV4 espec if you travel a lot, I play SWbf2, battlefield two, swbf1 etc. on it, no choppiness. Windows 7 ROCKS.
Chin
Community Member

Postby TheEvilDonut » Sun May 30, 2010 8:16 pm

I always like to shop at TigerDirect.com for great deals on hardware. Last year I bought a inexpensive HP laptop from them that had a great nvidia graphics processor which lets me run just about any game I throw at it. You have to remember that sw battlefront 2 is four years old now so you don't need an extreme high end laptop graphics card to achieve top results.

My advice would be to look over the tigerdirect site a little and for any laptop make sure that it has either an ati or nvidia graphics card installed - stay away from those dedicated graphics on the motherboard. Get at least 3 or 4 GB of ram and you should be fine. Read some of the product reviews for any laptop you're interested in - a lot of people use them for gaming these days and will tell you which systems perform the best for the games they play. If you're looking to spend $500 - $600 for a decent mid level laptop you can still walk away with a powerful gaming platform.

Of course if you suddenly win the lottery and want a juicy gaming laptop then surf on by to ibuypower.com and pick up a rig there!

:th_a017:
TheEvilDonut
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Cat, MD, Chin and Doughnut. Thanks for the input. I hope others will also spill some info also. I'll look into this, and just curious, what do you recommend as the lowest Graphic Driver for ATI or Nvidia? I'll aim higher, but want to ensure I don't pick a dud either.
And Doughnut, as I said before, your 'Jessica Alba' signature totally screws me up (in a good way), such that I totally blank on what I just read, or what the thread was about! Wow!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun May 30, 2010 11:05 pm

WD-40 wrote:And Doughnut, as I said before, your 'Jessica Alba' signature totally screws me up (in a good way), such that I totally blank on what I just read, or what the thread was about! Wow!

+1
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Return to Non-Game Discussions