Tea Parties

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Tea Parties

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:09 am

No WD-40, you're not the only one here. Kren is right about some things and we are right about some things. I'll certainly show respect to Kren's opinion because it is usually an educated, and well thought out one. But WD, you are fighting a losing battle on these forums. "Most" of our EU friends just don't get it and don't want to get it. Personally, I don't care if they do or don't. I worry more about the ones like MattC who somewhere down the line something was lost when they learned about our history. Left wing campuses have certainly done their part to get the "educated" to spew out what they want them to spew out. I also worry about folks that believe our Constitution is antiquated and needs to be trashed and rewritten. It's short, simple and well thought out by people who had actually experienced REAL tyranny in their lives. It is written in a way that allows it to be modified when enough people see fit. I don't believe anyone has anything better and all I ask is this, do you seriously want to see the document our current politicians would come up with? Talk about a potential disaster on paper...

But any way, long story short, America rocks and people who don't like it can leave or go to hell. It's up to us as parents (WD-40) to raise our kids so that they understand. So feel free to PM me anytime WD and we will celebrate our patriotism together and snicker privately at constitutional noobs. :th_a017:

(actually, I bet MC is reading my pm's) :ninja:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:22 pm

I do not and will not read people's PM's on this forum. I have not installed the software that would give me that capability - so it's not even possible for me to do so.

By the way, I was conservative until I was about 21 years old and never attended a left wing college. My degrees are in mechanical engineering and business.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:I do not and will not read people's PM's on this forum. I have not installed the software that would give me that capability - so it's not even possible for me to do so.

I was just kidding. I know you wouldn't do that.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby KOko » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm

you all made me LOL!

reminds me a part of one Cris Rock's HBO Special Show... "I'm American, man, I' American! [m'kay] all those foreigners"...
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 pm

If you want to go by definitions regarding Democrat, Liberal, Republican, and Conservative, you might want to look into Progressives. The Democratic Party has been infected with it as well as the Republican Party. It has flourished in the Dems, but has a harder time in the Reps because most Republicans are conservative to start with. The Progressives started out in the early 1900's and our country has not been on the right track since. This bickering between Left and Right, is a smoke screen. Progressives are like the AIDS virus. Once you identify them, they change their image and their names. First they started out Progressive, then became Liberals, then Democrats, then back to Progressive (once most of the people forgot the original ones). That is the cancer of America. Once you diagnose it, you can deal with it.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Duel of Fates wrote:If you want to go by definitions regarding Democrat, Liberal, Republican, and Conservative, you might want to look into Progressives. The Democratic Party has been infected with it as well as the Republican Party. It has flourished in the Dems, but has a harder time in the Reps because most Republicans are conservative to start with. The Progressives started out in the early 1900's and our country has not been on the right track since. This bickering between Left and Right, is a smoke screen. Progressives are like the AIDS virus. Once you identify them, they change their image and their names. First they started out Progressive, then became Liberals, then Democrats, then back to Progressive (once most of the people forgot the original ones). That is the cancer of America. Once you diagnose it, you can deal with it.

LOL - I'm to the left of progressives and think things like overtime pay, weekends, social security, medicare, civil rights, women getting the right to vote, and stuff like that were positive changes, all championed by evil progressives.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Jango_Fred » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:06 am

I don't care who believes what or why they believe it.... but this is my problem. You can disagree with me all you want in terms of politics or ANY other point of discussion for that matter but....You think you are better than me based SOLELY on your political views. You just made it a personal attack .You may be a patriot, you may be pro-American and you may be pro_Democracy...but statements like that just make you a [m'kay] dickhead.
WD-40 wrote: Yes...I consider myself BETTER than Liberals, because I am a 'Patriot'!! I give a dam about America. I don't care who's in office or what party they are affiliated, as long as they are pro-America and Pro-Democracy. I'm not unreasonable, I'm just realistic.
Last edited by Jango_Fred on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Dad » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 am

Jango_Fred wrote:I don't care who believes what or why they believe it.... but this is my problem. You think you are better than me based SOLELY on your political views. It might make you better than me in your eyes...but statements like that just make you a [m'kay] dickhead.
WD-40 wrote: Yes...I consider myself BETTER than Liberals, because I am a 'Patriot'!! I give a dam about America. I don't care who's in office or what party they are affiliated, as long as they are pro-America and Pro-Democracy. I'm not unreasonable, I'm just realistic.

Use your aggressive feelings boy

I feel a sense of superiority to a limited extent from time to time as well. I am quite the mix of liberal/conservative. Death penalty, hell yeah, the more gruesome the better. Make 'em think twice. God? Gimme a break. In this day and age, do we really need to rely on an invisible man in the sky to explain all the things we don't understand? I think science is doing that, slowly but surely. Health care for all? Again, in this day and age, we should be there already. Take away the salaries that doctors get and more doctors will care about the patients, not the paycheck. Freeloading illegal aliens? Throw 'em back across the boarder. Come here and pay taxes like the rest of us or get the [m'kay] out.

What disgusts me most is the completely blind ignorance of 99% of america. We "council" instead of punish child molesters. We spout "One nation under god" which implies catholicism, when this is supposed to be a nation of many religions. We allow funding for people who SHOULD NOT BE HERE, taking away from my kids education and health care. We continue to allow politicians to jam their crap farther and farther up our asses every year. We feel we have the right to force others to our own beliefs, yes, even me.

I sometimes hope 2012 is not just a fairy tale, this planet needs an enema. Rinse away the stupid and let the strong survive, as was intended.

Ever seen Idiocracy? Paints a scary picture, if you ask me.......

This has been my two cents.
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Jango_Fred » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 am

Oh...don't get me wrong, having a sense of superiority is one thing... but to base it on your political views? C'mon. If he would have said he was better than me based on intellect and not political views. I would accept that. I would also issue the challenge of proof immediately after accepting it BUT at least something like intellect is relatively tangible to a political view.

And yes, I am afraid to say I did see Idiocracy. Stupid movie....but not the first stupid movie I've watched and laughed at. A bleak view of the future.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Dad » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:01 am

Jango_Fred wrote:
And yes, I am afraid to say I did see Idiocracy. Stupid movie....but not the first stupid movie I've watched and laughed at. A bleak view of the future.

And right where we're headed, methinks.
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions