Roger Waters Live - The Wall

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Roger Waters Live - The Wall

Postby BurzaP » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey Guyz,
Yesterday I was on a concert.... but concert by big C. Or rather a show, because it was based ona concept album. Astonishing, perfect, brilliant, can't find any word describing it to fully show you what I was feeling.
Though to facts, Roger Waters, ex member of Pink Floyd was a main writer of lyrics, vocalist and guitar player. They, as a team, haven't played together for 20 years [exception- 2005(Live 8)] because they had an argument. However, two(out of 4 members) was separately giving some concerts from time to time.[I do it in a huuuge short cut, it's more complicated but it's not the point]. And those players are quite old (70yrs) so for sure they won't play much.... And now, one of them, Roger Waters is doing a tour around 30 countries and he is playing The Wall - concept album he wrote and played when used to be in Pink Floyd. So this album Pink Floyd played when they all were together but almost everything was sang by Roger cos in The Wall there are songs with lyrics very personal for him. Following it, now this tour is not losing very much because of disapperance of other members and it still smells like Pink Floyd. Adding to it that this album is one of the greates hits... it is such an ubelievable chance to see it on live that I couldn't believe.
One of the countries was Poland 18.04 and 19.04. What to add, I bought a ticket(money... now I haven't them) and went alone on it. 9 hours to get to the city by buses/trains. I came. 3pm, they let in from 6pm, Roger on scene 8pm. I ate quickly some fast food and was one of the first ppl in a queue. It was worth to stand there for 3 hours because I had a ticket for standing places and when I got in I had the best ones, like 20m from the scene(in front of me was golden circle,so I had the best place in my sector).
Now I'm going to clarify the sense of album. The Wall. There are 3 things Roger shows us in this songs, sings about.
1. The Wall that is between rockman and the audience( rockmen, they are not able to see all the faces, it's not a garage concert, they are not able to have any closer contact with audience).
2. The Wall that has separated Roger since his childhood because women didn't want him, he was bringing up by overprotective mother and had difficulties in knowing new ppl/communication.
3. The Wall that is built all around us, what separate us, about capitalism(but everything is on time, he keeps up with the world, so it's not out dated- igadgets etc)
Everything together creates a show. Each song is related to the previous one/next one.
Also, why he decided to give this tour?
20 years ago technology didn't allow to do this show like he wanted it to be. But now.... the budget is huge. All concerts together cost him 60 000 000 $. You will see what I mean when I give some you tube videos.
Surround is amazing too, so many loud speakers and a lot of projectors, each one worth fortune, and a screen from IMAX.
So here we go:
On the first picture you can see teh scene, here is the wall building while the concert(the sense of wall described above) so in the culmination point one song is played in the way we can't see artists (but later they play behind the wall, in the end they destroy it).

Videos are from Lisbon(not bad quality, I tried to choose the best ones), but I was on a concert in Łódź(Poland)
Zdjęcie0004.jpg
Zdjęcie0004.jpg (468.85 KiB) Viewed 922 times

And the opening song was awesome, look at it, fireworks etc, listen the whole, 5mins but worth!

In the Flesh?

With each song the wall was getting higher and higher.

The whole show was interesting but I will try to give you some selected songs to watch and listen in order.

Mother

Empty Spaces - look at the wall, almost the whole we cannot see.
Two versions, from different positions.

Then, after like 13 songs there was a break and...

Hey You where we don't see artists(the only song like that, then they were playing behind the wall)

Unforgettable climat.

Vera + Bring The Boys Back Home, look at the visualisation of it.

And for the end: falling wall

This show was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Phenomenal.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Return to Non-Game Discussions