Where Do You Fall On The Political Spectrum?

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Where Do You Fall On The Political Spectrum?

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Anybody who really believes that government spending has been cut or curtailed over the last four years please email me. I have some bridges in New York I would love to sell ya. I will also send you a brand new unicorn. You just need to cover the shipping and handling. Remember to spay or neuter your unicorn to prevent overpopulation .
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm

... Of course taking the average of an increasing slope is going to be lower than the average of a straight line at the highest point of that slope. That doesn't change the fact that by the graph, the increase has slowed and nearly stopped. If it's accurate, the budget's been around 3.5 trillion since Bush's last year with relatively minor changes. If you want to blame Obama for not reducing spending (as Duel is), sure, but please don't pull out such useless metrics as if they were meaningful.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:05 pm

(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:
MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:MC, that's Obama's vacation and golf money. Gee whiz.

40% of George Bush's Presidency were vacation days, the largest amount of any President in American History...

Silly little kid. They all take a lot of vacation, as they should. It was a fun jab at MC and you come flying out of the bushes like a screeching little banshee with your "talking points" and insults. Kids.... :lol:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby WD-40 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:10 pm

(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:

40% of George Bush's Presidency were vacation days, the largest amount of any President in American History...

Are you using 4 years of golfing for Bush or all 8? Remember, Obama has less than 4 at the moment, and there are plenty of places to go golf during the Winter months.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby WD-40 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Darth Crater wrote:

... Of course taking the average of an increasing slope is going to be lower than the average of a straight line at the highest point of that slope. That doesn't change the fact that by the graph, the increase has slowed and nearly stopped. If it's accurate, the budget's been around 3.5 trillion since Bush's last year with relatively minor changes. If you want to blame Obama for not reducing spending (as Duel is), sure, but please don't pull out such useless metrics as if they were meaningful.

You saying MC and I are useless?? :whistling:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:
(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:

Silly little kid. They all take a lot of vacation, as they should. It was a fun jab at MC and you come flying out of the bushes like a screeching little banshee with your "talking points" and insults. Kids.... :lol:

I'm hardly a kid, but whatever.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm hardly an ignoramus. :whistling:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 pm

WD-40 wrote:You saying MC and I are useless?? :whistling:

Not sure where you got that from, but I apologize if I seemed to be saying that. I meant that the metric used in the article (looking at the average, not the direction or rate of change) was useless for the purpose the article's author meant it for. Of course, it does make a good argument for spending not getting reduced to pre-Bush (or even Bush-2005) levels under Obama, if you want to complain about that.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:42 pm

[m'kay] wrote:Image

Apparently i'm pretty much Gandhi. Sounds legit!

Looks like I've gone further to the left, and slightly more libertarian. Either that or the criteria have changed. Didn't expect it to change that way, that's for sure. Guess working in really stupid conditions for a worthless amount of pay changed my perceptions a bit. Cool
[m'kay]
MVP

Previous

Return to Non-Game Discussions