Just A Heads Up

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Just A Heads Up

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm

On the 15th I have an appointment with a rheumatologist to discuss new treatment options for my Fibromyalgia (I'm dealing with a potentially fatal side effect from my current treatment) and this may or may not include an adjustment to my pain control medication. I will also be exploring the option of Medical Marijuana. During that time I will not be acting in an admin capacity on the forums. I will be participating (keeping read up on happenings), just not making any judgement calls. If you need anything in-game wise please continue to feel free to contact me, but if I am not able to help you at that moment please leave me be. I will not hesitate to delete people off my x-fire, it is a privilege, not a right, to be on MY xfire friend list.

Also (as I've told some of you privately in the last week) I will be starting the process of surgical correction to a birth defect. I was born with a slight talipes (club footing) and I can not be on my feet for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I need a surgical procedure that basically breaks the bones in my feet and resets them in their proper alignment. Its something that should have been done as an adolescent but my parents had other priorities I guess.

For those who believe in a higher being please send up some healing thoughts and keep me in your prayers. Both process will most likely include an increase in pain one way or another.
Last edited by NiteRunner81 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additions
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Re: Just A Heads Up

Postby imaim » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Good luck with it all, Nite.
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:24 pm

imaim wrote:Good luck with it all, Nite.

:punk:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Good luck.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Hobo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 am

You'll be in my prayers, good luck.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 pm

I really appreciate all the well wishes. I'm really nervous right now... This weekend I'm gonna try and game it up as much as I can so that I can get my mind off of all this.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:38 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:I really appreciate all the well wishes. I'm really nervous right now... This weekend I'm gonna try and game it up as much as I can so that I can get my mind off of all this.

see you in game :punk:

EDIT: (what is your ingame name?)
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:23 am

Oh Nite.. I know how hard Fibromyalgia is, as you know. I also found out I also have psoriatic arthritis on top of the Fibromyalgia. I could take a med for the latter but considering there is a chance for cancer and my family is very prone to cancer on all sides, I have declined to take it, despite knowing it could relieve my pain a lot. I'm pretty sure I have clinical depression at this point as well.

You are in my prayers Nite. I hope you get things worked out. I don't know you very well but I do consider you a friend, a bond formed in a shared pain. Peace.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm

You talking Lyrica, Wulf?

And btw -- thanks for the kind words.. this disease is an animal in and of itself, its nice knowing I'm not alone.... but at the same time my heart breaks for anyone else who has this "monkey on their back."
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:47 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
NiteRunner81 wrote:I really appreciate all the well wishes. I'm really nervous right now... This weekend I'm gonna try and game it up as much as I can so that I can get my mind off of all this.

see you in game :punk:

EDIT: (what is your ingame name?)

I'll primarily be in SWTOR. Download the F2P and join me on Beregen Colony. I'll primarily be playing my two newer toons -- Dirty'flirty (empire) -- a sith sorcerer. and Z'abriel (republic) a Sith Jedi Sentinel.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Next

Return to Non-Game Discussions