The God Damned Gun Control Thread

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: The God Damned Gun Control Thread

Postby WD-40 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Darth Crater wrote:Remove by force? No, I didn't say that. I'm just saying that maybe if you value your family's lives you shouldn't own one in the first place.

That just doesn't make any damn sense. If you read the story I posted, owning a gun 'saved' their lives, and at the very least prevented a rape and/or brutal assaults.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 pm

WD-40 wrote:
Darth Crater wrote:Remove by force? No, I didn't say that. I'm just saying that maybe if you value your family's lives you shouldn't own one in the first place.

That just doesn't make any damn sense. If you read the story I posted, owning a gun 'saved' their lives, and at the very least prevented a rape and/or brutal assaults.

Oh, that does'nt matter WD. We should all get rid of our guns for Crater to feel better. Don't let reality hit him square in the face with logic, or common sense.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby WD-40 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:40 am

Duel of Fates wrote:
WD-40 wrote:

Oh, that does'nt matter WD. We should all get rid of our guns for Crater to feel better. Don't let reality hit him square in the face with logic, or common sense.

Crater will only gain 'Wisdom' thru 'experience' then in this gun debate. I hope he never has a loved one murdered or assaulted in a situation that coulda been prevented 'had he owned a gun', but based on his form of bizarre 'logic', he'll vindicate himself from any responsibility or guilt due to being a good, stalwart Liberal.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:09 am

I hope the same WD, but in case of the worst, I have found a chart that will make everything OK

haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 pm

From Yahoo News.....

The National Rifle Association is using a Justice Department memo it obtained to argue in ads that the Obama administration believes its gun control plans won't work unless the government seizes firearms and requires national gun registration — ideas the White House has not proposed and does not support.

The NRA's assertion and its obtaining of the memo in the first place underscore the no-holds-barred battle under way as Washington's fight over gun restrictions heats up.

The memo, under the name of one of the Justice Department's leading crime researchers, critiques the effectiveness of gun control proposals, including some of President Barack Obama's. A Justice Department official called the memo an unfinished review of gun violence research and said it does not represent administration policy.

The memo says requiring background checks for more gun purchases could help, but also could lead to more illicit weapons sales. It says banning assault weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines produced in the future but exempting those already owned by the public, as Obama has proposed, would have limited impact because people now own so many of those items.

It also says that even total elimination of assault weapons would have little overall effect on gun killings because assault weapons account for a limited proportion of those crimes.

The nine-page document says the success of universal background checks would depend in part on "requiring gun registration," and says gun buybacks would not be effective "unless massive and coupled with a ban."

The administration has not proposed gun registration, buybacks or banning all firearms. But gun registration and ownership curbs are hot-button issues for the NRA and other gun-rights groups, which strenuously oppose the ideas.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_52pMg8qQcc[/youtube]
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Mandalore » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 am

More guns please. But seriously, just like pretty much everything that can be limited or outlawed, it will be supplied to the black market. The country is simply too large to police in that manner. Criminals will always be able to get their hands on weapons. Unless you're like Singapore or something. I do agree that that it might be an interesting possibility to limit magazine size though. Increased background checks are also extremely desirable.

And for the [m'kay] lunatics who think that Jews having guns would have done anything but exacerbate the situation is ridiculous. The entire driving point of Nazi propaganda on the Jews was that they were unfit citizens. Let's give them all guns...I'm sure some of the most wickedly intelligent men to have ever walked the face of this Earth wouldn't have realized they have a huge propaganda potential by saying "Oh Jesussssss, the Jews have gunsss oh lawdddddd they be dangeous out here"

Also, the Mongols already figured out how stop guerrilla warfare most effectively. Just [m'kay] kill everything. Seems to work. (This from like pages 1-10)
PS. Can we get threads to show up on the active topics list please? :*(

Oh, and for the people who I agree with, in this case the right wing, your arguments have sucked some serious [Richard]. 90% have just have ridiculous fallacies and leaps of logic. There is semen everywhere. Please stop. I mean seriously, stop social programs for, and I quote, "black families"? Because blatant racism clearly helps your cause of not looking like an angry old white man.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:49 pm

You guys want a good argument that banning guns is pointless? In 25 years, you're going to be able to download one from the internet and 3d-print it.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Darth Crater wrote:You guys want a good argument that banning guns is pointless? In 25 years, you're going to be able to download one from the internet and 3d-print it.

I'm so far behind. I've heard that, but I honestly don't understand how it's possible.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Darth Crater » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:17 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:I'm so far behind. I've heard that, but I honestly don't understand how it's possible.

You know how the only part of a gun that's technically a firearm (and thus banned) is the lower receiver? You can 3d-print one out of plastic today. Not all that sturdy yet, but 3d printing is still in its infancy.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions