The God Damned Gun Control Thread

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: The God Damned Gun Control Thread

Postby Doves » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 pm

And that was uploaded in 2011.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Well just [m'kay] me running. I've seen it all now.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Sir Bang » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:55 pm

There's apparently already a "Pirate bay" of 3D printing, called Defcad, "dedicated to copyright-free blueprints for a range of 3D printable objects".
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Postby BurzaP » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Hey all!
haven't been for a while - when I think I have some spare time finals appear :D
Well, haas invited me to the topic but I've read first and last page and I'm sure of at least two things: first, this topic evolved into hundreds of off topics and I don't feel much as Sherlock Holmes to find out which is the right one. Second, I haven't watched TV/been on info websides for a half of a year and as it comes I lost the track, I'm not up to date. To the point, I assume something important has happened that I'm not aware of and that has influence on the current attitude to the gun control in USA? Or another children-killer appeared? Or maybe you just freely discuss "what you think about being allowed to posses a gun in USA"? Please, can anyone tell me what has happened and what you discuss, because I can guess tho it will lead me to nothing :)
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Another children killer, yes.
Now our legislators have decided its not mental illness that is the culprit in these crimes; its guns. They are trying to pass broad new restrictions/registration on guns and gun ownership.
I thought, coming from a country with strict firearm policy, you may have a viewpoint we haven't heard.
Do people still commit murder, or does that just vanish with gun restriction? :eek:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby BurzaP » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:35 pm

It's not simple. In my opinion it's not the registration itself that makes me feel safe and generally certain that last thing in my life that I will see won't be a pointed gun. We cannot compare countries and say " Look, there are almost no murderers in Poland because they forbade using weapons". Nah. The thing is in history: there has never been free access to guns in Poland. Some uneducated dumbs with vision of their own band controlling streets using guns has.. they even haven't had such vision because there was no one who would ever taste it and encouraged them to fulfill it(the mentioned vision). As it follows, I have never heard of any illegal polish guns markets. There is absolutely no demand on it. Whereas in USA, where for 100 citizens there are 90 weapons and it is in their blood since quite a long time (I guess) if the government forbade it all of a sudden it wouldn't make any difference. For gangs and psychopaths. They'd buy guns anyway, don't tell me they wouldn't. Mate told me he has 4 drag dealers and one with weapons on sale only in his close neighborhood. C'mon, what would this restriction do? I'm 100% sure it would not decrease the number of crimes. It's too late. I even predict that number of crimes with weapons would increase owing to the fact that what is illegal makes it more desired. In the end, who will suffer? Only guns enthusiasts who like from time to time hang out with their mates on riffle range or whatever you call such places.Totally pointless. In addition, now it is your government who has some benefits from it because presumably ( I don't know statistics) a large amount of money goes to their hands. Apart from the fact that USA is in a big deep [poo] already so no financial help will prevent it from huge collapse, when they would illegalize guns it wouldn't help them either. Only black market could strengthen and theoretical control over guns would be gone forever.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby WD-40 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 pm

WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby rg3fever » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:33 am

WD-40 wrote:

I just love the sight of women with assault rifles...it turns..ehe
hide yo kids hide yo wife and hide yo husband cuz vader be doing stuff to everyone
rg3fever
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:47 am

Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Colorado liberals are under fire... Jammy, I would like your feelings on the fact that campus police knew that Holmes was a risk to others and did nothing. Holmes' campus psychiatrist warned campus police and they failed to follow up or do anything..

And they say this is a gun issue..
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions