The God Damned Gun Control Thread

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: The God Damned Gun Control Thread

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Darth Crater wrote:I said this in the last thread, but I'll repeat it - Jefferson's vision is dead, and so is the militia. Civilians armed with civilian weaponry cannot meaningfully stop a modern military. Civilians armed with military weaponry can't stop one either, because civilians can't afford military weaponry. In the event that several nations enter into a suicide pact by trying to invade us (because it will shatter the world economy), somehow get an invasion force across the ocean while facing a military stronger than the next 14 nations combined (plus several of those nations, as our allies), and take over? Your guns will do nothing.

:appl:
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby WD-40 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:
Darth Crater wrote:I said this in the last thread, but I'll repeat it - Jefferson's vision is dead, and so is the militia. Civilians armed with civilian weaponry cannot meaningfully stop a modern military. Civilians armed with military weaponry can't stop one either, because civilians can't afford military weaponry. In the event that several nations enter into a suicide pact by trying to invade us (because it will shatter the world economy), somehow get an invasion force across the ocean while facing a military stronger than the next 14 nations combined (plus several of those nations, as our allies), and take over? Your guns will do nothing.

:appl:

Nothing?!? Seriously?? Ever heard of Guerrilla Warfare? No invading Nation(s) would fare well against the U.S.A. They could come over the North Pole thru Canada if they needed. They, too, would suffer in return, and with what weaponry Militias have, they could still pack a punch in return. (and NO knucklehead Militias are NOT dead..far from it...I know from my work in Government that they are alive and well). And you'd be shocked out of your Liberal shell to see just how much Military grade weaponry 'Civilians' already have! Americans by nature, love to fight. But you wouldn't know that, since you've no military experience. An armed people keeps the Government in-check too. Be a shame if Obama got too much power by peeling and chipping away at our Constitutional Rights until they are all but gone and we're all un-armed. I swore to protect the Constitution, and I believe in the 2nd Amendment along with the entire Constitution. Even in my work, I believe totally in that right.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm

"Militias" still exist in the US because by and large our government is nice. Even in the Middle East our primary mission included limiting civilian casualties and building goodwill. Let me know when your average militia has some M-1 Abrams with air support, then I'll concede they can do more than make a serious invasion force laugh. An invasion force, by the way, that is still a paranoid fantasy because there is no threat capable of invading us. (I'm not even going to start on the "invade by crossing the North Pole" thing.)

For internal affairs - not only are you making a slippery slope argument again, but as I just stated, civilians with or without assault rifles look exactly the same from a military perspective.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Okay...whatever...I guess you have 'experience' in all these things. :lol:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Crater, it has nothing to do with "nice". It's in the Constitution and it can't get undone at the moment. Don't worry though, one day it'll get undone and we'll all be at the mercy of whoever carries the biggest stick.

Oh, and whether anyone cares to believe it or not, we are being invaded now. Nothing lasts forever dude.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby CommanderOtto » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:we'll all be at the mercy of whoever carries the biggest stick.

i'm just joking though... no political intentions in this comment.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Hahaha!! I'll miss that clown one day.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 pm

I always thought the 2nd amendment was based more on survival. Personal protection and the ability to hunt and feed your family.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 am

11_Panama_ wrote:and the ability to hunt and feed your family.

:lol:
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:19 am

Why not? :lol:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions