Benghazi

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Benghazi

Postby Yanoda » Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm

House Republicans reducing funding for Embassy Security: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... 54912.html

Former Defense Secretary on Benghazi: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/13 ... ary-video/

Warnings of a potential Terrorist attack were mentioned by intelligence, but was ignored. The warning were related to the September 11, 2001 Attacks. They actually knew more than what they let on: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... nings.html

What about the Iraq War? Number of American Soldiers killed? Number of American Soldiers traumatized or injured? Number of civilians killed?

As it stands, neither conducted optimally during such events. Both should equally be accounted for their actions.
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Darth Crater » Mon May 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Yanoda wrote:House Republicans reducing funding for Embassy Security: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... 54912.html

Former Defense Secretary on Benghazi: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/13 ... ary-video/

Warnings of a potential Terrorist attack were mentioned by intelligence, but was ignored. The warning were related to the September 11, 2001 Attacks. They actually knew more than what they let on: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... nings.html

A less biased source for your second link, in case anyone objects to the site: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57 ... apability/

I'm not convinced that Bush did anything wrong before 9/11. Sure, they had that information, but the relevant bits were buried in a sea of other information. They didn't have hindsight telling them exactly where to look.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon May 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Never, in modern history, has a high rise building crumbled to dust while on fire... yet, 3 buildings fell in one day. One wasn't even hit by a plane, you don't find that odd, Mr. Crater? In Spain, can't remember the year, a skyscraper burned for 3 days and it was still standing. Guess the Spanish knows how to build them. Sorry about going off theme, but I don't get Crater sometimes. He sounds like a smart individual, yet he seems to rely on solely on what the media feeds him. Mr. Crater... do you ever go by a "gut feeling", or question anything from authorities?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Darth Crater » Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 pm

I really don't have the engineering training to determine whether that's odd. The people who do have the training don't seem to be objecting, though. I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here - you believe there was a 9/11 conspiracy?

A "gut feeling" is the worst possible way to make a decision about things like this. The world is not always intuitive; just because my first instinct points to something doesn't make that thing true. Do I question authorities? Look three posts up from yours; you'll see me unsure whether Petraeus was telling the truth.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Duel of Fates » Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Yanoda wrote:What about the Iraq War? Number of American Soldiers killed? Number of American Soldiers traumatized or injured? Number of civilians killed?

As it stands, neither conducted optimally during such events. Both should equally be accounted for their actions.

And Bush and the Republicans, along with the Dems that bought into the faulty info were lambasted by the media for years afterward. They were led to believe that there were weapons of mass destruction and a madman willing to use them. Saddam gassing his own countrymen and women and children fed into that belief. That mistakes were made is irrelevant. It is the lying and the "mainstream" media buying into whatever the Obama White House dishes out. That is where my beef is. Journalism is dead. We have now just a propaganda machine spitting out party idealism and talking points.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue May 14, 2013 3:12 am

It only took three pages to get to talk about a 9/11 conspiracy. I'm impressed. Usually we take at least eight.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Pootus » Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 am

It has been stated that the only person that can say yea or ney to assistance / help was potus. I think he is completely unprepared to respond to any threat. That is evident enough when he spoke about it to Panetta for a solid 15 minutes....then went to bed. In fact he appears to get his intel briefing each day at 10-11:00 hours. Go get 'em tiger! I truly believe that he is not calling the shots though......more like vallerie jarrett vis a vi the evil Sith Lord Darth Soros.

This was a perrfect storm of events. Rice has a back track record; Rwanda happened on her watch under billy boy clinton).
There was a military drone overhead at Benahazi the whole time. The pentagon denied assitance...someone making the decision had to go up the chain.
afterwards....as rice stated that this was a result of a video that nobody heard of until this incident, a ranking Libyan official stated that this was a terrorist attack.

If you all get the chance, listen to Aaron Klein on Sundays at 19:00 hours. He broadcacsts in real time from Tel Aviv...and has exceptioanl sources and news.
A few months ago he related that the real mission in Benghazi was to funnel weapons from the U.S. to the rebels in Syria.
Pootie Tang will draw you a picture of how he gonna kick your ass, then mail it to you ten days in advance. The picture gets there right? You're goin', "What the hell is this?" and then Pootie Tang knocks on your door, Promptly kicks your ass and you still won't know what happened to you!
Pootus
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Darth Crater » Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Pootus wrote:There was a military drone overhead at Benahazi the whole time. The pentagon denied assitance...someone making the decision had to go up the chain.

False. An unarmed recon drone was launched soon after the incident started and was overhead about an hour and a half afterward. Source: Official Pentagon timeline. According to General Gates, there was no way to put together an effective response force before the attack was over.
Pootus wrote:afterwards....as rice stated that this was a result of a video that nobody heard of until this incident, a ranking Libyan official stated that this was a terrorist attack.

False. Intelligence thought it might have been connected to riots about a video, yes. That video was shown on TV stations in the area, and prompted plenty of actual riots (in Libya, Egypt and several other countries). By any sane definition, nobody ever denied it was a terrorist attack.
Pootus wrote:A few months ago he related that the real mission in Benghazi was to funnel weapons from the U.S. to the rebels in Syria.

Can we see those "exceptional" sources and their evidence?
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Pootus » Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 pm

There was plenty of time to get a reaction force into that area. There enough assets in the area (Gulf /Mediterranean ) to refuel.
Personally, I don't believe a thing the Pentagon posts in this instance, and yes I have served in the military. But if you believe in your heart everything that this administration pours out, then there is little hope any valid information or logic will sway your thinking.

It was a Terrorist Attack:
"I think everybody in the mission thought it was a terrorist attack from the beginning," Greg Hicks, a 22-year foreign service diplomat who was the highest-ranking U.S. official in Libya after the strike, told investigators under authority of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Hicks, the former U.S. Embassy Tripoli deputy chief of mission, was not in Benghazi at the time of the attack, which killed Chris Stevens - then the U.S. ambassador to Libya - and three other Americans. " ` It doesn't get more credible than the words of the man who was on the ground from the onset (22 year vet of State Department to boot).
And by the way, he is a registered democrat and voted for Obama.

"In an interview with NBC’s Ann Curry [video here], Libyan President Mohammed Magarief says the attack that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others was a, well-coordinated, pre-planned operation by terrorist networks in the country and that it was unrelated to the trailer for the movie Innocence of Muslims." -- Being a president of the country where the attack occurred seems kinda reliable.
Pootie Tang will draw you a picture of how he gonna kick your ass, then mail it to you ten days in advance. The picture gets there right? You're goin', "What the hell is this?" and then Pootie Tang knocks on your door, Promptly kicks your ass and you still won't know what happened to you!
Pootus
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Pootus » Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Whats even better, is using liberal newspapers to refute any arguments:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html
Pootus
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions