New Star Wars Animated TV Show Announced!

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

New Star Wars Animated TV Show Announced!

Postby Jedi Power » Tue May 21, 2013 12:50 am

The Official Star Wars Site has announced that Star Wars Rebels will be coming to television in 2014! Production has begun on Star Wars Rebels, an exciting, all-new animated television series based on one of the greatest entertainment franchises of all time. Scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

Leading the development of the series is a creative team of exceptional talent. Screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) is an executive producer on Star Wars Rebels and will write the premiere episode. He is joined by Dave Filoni as executive producer, who served as supervising director of the Emmy nominated Star Wars: The Clone Wars since 2008. Executive producer Greg Weisman brings with him a wealth of animation experience with credits such as Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.

Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide, said, "The entire team at Lucasfilm has provided extraordinary creativity and innovation for over three decades, and we're thrilled to be bringing the expansive and imaginative world of Star Wars to Disney XD's viewers."

"I couldn't be more excited to explore new corners of the Star Wars universe," said Kathleen Kennedy, president, Lucasfilm. "I think Star Wars Rebels will capture the look, feel and fun that both kids and their parents love about Star Wars."

The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.

Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Fans attending Star Wars Celebration Europe will be the first to get an exclusive look at the new series. Casting will be announced at a later date. More information about this developing project will be found on at the Official Star Wars Site and on Facebook at facebook.com/starwarsrebels. Great news!

Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Re: New Star Wars Animated TV Show Announced!

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue May 21, 2013 1:40 am

this is going to be good!!

lol Jedi Power... you always beat me in making posts about these things...
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Jedi Power » Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 am

It is my duty to stay in the know about these things! Hence the name Jedi Power. I can sense things before they happen. :mrgreen:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby WD-40 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 am

Thanks JP! :gunsmilie:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue May 21, 2013 4:27 am

Jedi Power wrote:It is my duty to stay in the know about these things! Hence the name Jedi Power. I can sense things before they happen. :mrgreen:

sounds more like spidey senses :lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby LordFred » Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 pm

The Rise of Vadar would be a gret way to wash the obnoxiousness of 'Annie' out of our mouths. Lucas turned him from a bad ass Darth to a whining momma's boy. Folks need to be reminded what an awful murderous thug he was. Show him hunting down and executing the Jedi! Different planets, new Jedi, lots of fighting....I'm in!
LordFred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue May 21, 2013 8:39 pm

And more slave girls like Leia in Jabba"s Palace. :whistling:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby BurzaP » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:12 pm

I've just found this topic when looking for one related to Star Wars Clone Wars.
Firstly, I was approaching to SW CW with no trust and rather big distance as I was not sure if it's a series for me or for children, in other words - silly. I started to watch 1st series one week ago and.. dang, episodes were getting better and better. There were some decent but general level of them was above average with some outstanding in terms of humor or storyline. I'd even risk the statement some of them with bit of tweaking would make a good movie. I wasn't able to stop watching it, fortunately for me, now I have holidays ;) I'm fresh after watching all the episodes and the end of 5th series was great. It's so sad there will be only handful of episodes in 2014, not proper-lenght series. On the other hand, mate informed me there is SW Rebels somewhere shining over horizon. Is it still up to date? Will it see a daylight?
I'm keen on it as there was one character I feel incredible bound with, that I haven't felt in GL's Saga.And this character is supposed to appear in SW Rebels. That's Ashoka Tano.I have no idea what is in this girl, I was trying to think about it but I love this character. Maybe I will sound like a nerd or a young teenager but I wish she was my gf (ok, no laugh :D) Two lighsabers, exotic but human look, aggressive, innocent and dangerous. :ugeek:

EDIT: Just after watching SW CW I decided to install Battlefront 2. After two years of break... I feel an incredible urge to kick some asses. Let's see if my skill didn't sink on dagobah.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:42 pm

The Polish internet is so slow, it took 7 months for burz's message to post
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby BurzaP » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:52 pm

lol haas, :lol: nice to see you anyway

Better to find old topic than create new one :P
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Next

Return to Non-Game Discussions