Syria

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Syria

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:24 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:I agree. Doesn't mean we can always or even most of the time get what is best and/or right. I'd rather have Russia have them than Syria. I'd rather have a number of Nations take care of them rather than Russia, but it's not always so simple.

Resolving this crisis is going to involve image more than anything else. If the US were to agree to a Russian seizure of Chemical Weapons, we'd look bad on an international stage. We can't live down another power having posited a solution to the problem we brought attention to.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby WD-40 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Mandalore wrote:Reagan is among the most over-rated presidents of all time. Got credit for so much that was already written on the wall before his election.

Perhaps, but Clinton would be no different. Each had exceptional diplomacy skill, both Domestic and Foreign. To each of their credit, they didn't try to re-invent the wheel, as Obama did. Obama whined and blamed, but instead of letting nature take it's course and letting the Economy do it's normal cyclical up and down to eventual recovery, he threw money in places that had no positive effect. QE2/3 just will make things much worse in the long run. Reagan and Clinton took what they had, and ran with it, 'built' on it. Clinton also didn't try to [m'kay] with the economy like Obama has, and let private businesses become stronger, and the strong economy is the one major thing that kept Clinton from becoming impeached after the Lewinsky issue. America was happy.

With Obama's Syria and other Foreign and Domestic mis-steps, he has all but shattered Americas progress and standing in the world as a Leader of Foreign Diplomacy as well as Domestic strength. I'm not saying Bush 43 was the best choice either, but he didn't make our reputation take a nose-dive into oblivion, by relying solely on 'the sound of his voice and oratory skills reading teleprompters'. If you have no clue what the heck you're doing, and can't seem to hire people to help you make good decisions, then you really shouldn't take the job.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:53 pm

WD-40 wrote:
Mandalore wrote:Reagan is among the most over-rated presidents of all time. Got credit for so much that was already written on the wall before his election.

Perhaps, but Clinton would be no different. Each had exceptional diplomacy skill, both Domestic and Foreign. To each of their credit, they didn't try to re-invent the wheel, as Obama did. Obama whined and blamed, but instead of letting nature take it's course and letting the Economy do it's normal cyclical up and down to eventual recovery, he threw money in places that had no positive effect. QE2/3 just will make things much worse in the long run. Reagan and Clinton took what they had, and ran with it, 'built' on it. Clinton also didn't try to [m'kay] with the economy like Obama has, and let private businesses become stronger, and the strong economy is the one major thing that kept Clinton from becoming impeached after the Lewinsky issue. America was happy.

With Obama's Syria and other Foreign and Domestic mis-steps, he has all but shattered Americas progress and standing in the world as a Leader of Foreign Diplomacy as well as Domestic strength. I'm not saying Bush 43 was the best choice either, but he didn't make our reputation take a nose-dive into oblivion, by relying solely on 'the sound of his voice and oratory skills reading teleprompters'. If you have no clue what the heck you're doing, and can't seem to hire people to help you make good decisions, then you really shouldn't take the job.

So in other words... Carter was the man.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Duel of Fates » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:02 pm

I remember the mood of the country when Carter was prez. No. He was definitely not the man.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Carter was an idiot in many ways. No he was not "the man" at all. Not the worst by any stretch, but not good.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby 11_Panama_ » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:37 pm

:lol: I came to this country in 1979, I was 10, all I know about Carter is that he gave us back the Canal. Then George tried to take it back. :whistling: If anyone believes the drug dealer bit about Noriega, they need to ask Panamenians about that. Yes, he did make money off drugs, but with the consent of the U.S. Sorry, kinda went left there... Syria sucks..m'kay?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:55 am

Still no solution other than staying out of it. Obama and Kerry are turning this into a diplomatic trainwreck and have allowed Putin to appear as the level headed humanitarian IN THE NY TIMES....ON 9/11. Wow, good job to the administration and to the voters of our nation.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby WD-40 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:11 am

They reach some sort of framework for all this, but I'm sure it's all a joke allowing the Russians and Syrians a large amount of maneuvering room to jack with the U.S..

Nothing will be solved.

Putin 20, Obama -50.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:13 am

It's bad when Putin is the more reasonable one. Putin.

Though honest the Russians and French only give a [poo] because of money. US cares because of... reasons. Certainly not helping people.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby WD-40 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:59 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:It's bad when Putin is the more reasonable one. Putin.

Though honest the Russians and French only give a [poo] because of money. US cares because of... reasons. Certainly not helping people.

The French are essentially not a serious asset either way. Russia, however, has a Navy Base in Syria that they want to protect access to. They lose Assad, they lose the base.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Previous

Return to Non-Game Discussions