PC-Like Tablet?

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

PC-Like Tablet?

Postby imaim » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Will need to buy a new laptop soon and was thinking I could get a tablet (for portability) with keyboard and mouse accessories unless it's a ton of money.

The challenge, though, is will I be able to play games like SWBF2 on the tablet. Is that possible to do on tablets?

I currently have a Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC with Windows Vista. AMD Anthlon Dual-Core QL-60 1.90 GHz processor and a 32-bit Operating System. It's old.

Thoughts?
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Re: PC-Like Tablet?

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:42 pm

My kids both have tablets. One has an iPad, while the other has a Samsung one (don't know which one). From what I've gathered, there is not enough memory on these things for pc games. I bought small memory cards (32G I think), for added memory, they seem to do fine for the browsing and watching/playing movies and simple games. There is no DVD/CD ROM functions (no tray or slot). Guess game could be downloaded, it would be interesting to try it on a tablet. In all fairness though.. I never tinkered with any of the tablets my kids have, so I should retract the statement " From what I gathered... " Interested in what you'd find Imaim.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Duel of Fates » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby [m'kay] » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Nope. Tablets just aren't powerful enough yet to run even games like SWBFII when they aren't specifically made for the platform.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:58 pm

if you would like to buy a gaming laptop for about 700 bucks (while the rests cost around 1k)... you could buy an Acer aspire v3 771g-6814. :whistling: that's my laptop, and I love it so much!
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 pm

I have been rocking a xoom since the powering down of my gaming PC.
If you have a droid phone, a droid tablet is a must.
As far as your real question, the windows tablets, from what I've heard, are tuned for some minor gaming but nothing to rival a computer.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby imaim » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:28 am

Gratz, gents; I appreciate the help. I won't waste my time looking for high-powered tablets, then.

Thanks!
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 am

Maybe i was wrong. Just saw an ad for Intel powered notebook hybrid things. I haven't researched it, but you may wanna look into it
haasd0gg
Overlord

Postby Bryant » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:05 pm

You should look into one of those Windows 8 computers that has a touch screen that can be moved into a tablet form. They tend to cost a little more and you'll definitely want to go to the store to hold it for yourself if you're thinking about getting one.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:03 pm

haasd0gg wrote:Maybe i was wrong. Just saw an ad for Intel powered notebook hybrid things. I haven't researched it, but you may wanna look into it

Bryant wrote:You should look into one of those Windows 8 computers that has a touch screen that can be moved into a tablet form. They tend to cost a little more and you'll definitely want to go to the store to hold it for yourself if you're thinking about getting one.

That couldn't have been what I meant... :ugeek:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Return to Non-Game Discussions