Obamacare

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Obamacare

Postby Col. Hstar » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 pm

So I know this is resurrecting an old topic but it's something my family is dealing with right now so I'm going to vent.

I had a close relative suffer a debilitating stroke last October, she was 89, paralyzed and needed round the clock care. As it turned out the health care plan she had was no longer available to her, under the new law she was obligated to go with Medicare. Medicare offered to pay for her to be in a nursing home, she didn't want to be in a nursing home so the family took care of her at home. The Medicare ended up covering just the supplies that would be needed for her care. Sadly she just recently passed away last month, but now we are realizing that because she was with Medicare (Mind you for only 4 months) they are wanting to proceed with "estate recovery" as they call it. From what I'm reading this is one of the stupid "oversights" that need fixing :roll:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Yep, ANYONE that takes an exchange offered plan, Medicaid, Medicare plan or uses an ACA supplemental plan will LOSE their estate unless they do a specific type of living trust. When my parents pay off their mortgage they will divide their property up into pieces and put OUR names on it so when they die their property doesn't belong to them so it can't be taken. Only two of their vehicles are worth much now anyways and my dad's half million life insurance policy legally will go to pay off debt (they have at least a loader, excavator, and dump truck on loan) first THEN the rest will go into his living trust. Not touchable by government.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:57 am

Add to this the fact that many advanced cancer treatment programs are not qualified under ACA plans.

So make sure you don't get cancer, it might not be covered.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Good news!!! Obamacare is an overwhelming success.

April Fool's Day!
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:56 pm

n1 Duel.....n1.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Duel of Fates » Tue May 27, 2014 12:09 am

Well. Kind of surprised no one has commented on this yet. The recent scandal concerning the VA's doctoring of paperwork and covering up long waiting periods for vets who need care. Interesting on the lack of urgency by the current administration to remedy the situation, especially when Obama has repeatedly promised to fix it every year he has been in office. What, six years now? No call for the DOJ to investigate yet, no call for the FBI to look into it either.

What I find really interesting is that even though the VA is not connected to Obamacare directly, the VA is a single payer system, set up and run by the government. Obamacare is the first step to force the rest of us into a single payer system, run by the government. Can any of you feel good about this? Knowing that the government cannot keep the postal service, Amtrack, and the VA running smoothly and profitably, are we not concerned that Obamacare will be an even bigger cluster [m'kay]?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:37 am

This is something to keep in mind... The single payer system is not all that is cracked up to be. My parents applied thru the Cover Oregon exchange and were forced (because of their ages) into the Medicaid program putting a LOT of limitations on them. This includes all three of my siblings (21, 19, and 16). For dental care there is ONE PLACE you can go to that you have to DRIVE to to even be able to set up an appointment and you can only set up appointments between 1 and 4 PM... My 16 year old brother has seriously neglected his dental care (due to depression from a family death) and is just making the turn around and its been a nightmare getting all his teeth fixed.

Also they got one siblings SSN wrong so he's not even on the plan yet. He needs to have a cyst removed from his hand before this summer so that he can resume work.

And my parents (unless they sign their property over to me or another sibling) are going to lose their property when they die due to "Estate Recovery" clauses in the Medicaid agreement. Due to the nature and type of property they own it could instantly be turned over to the BLM.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Good thing we payed this guy over half a million our tax dollars. Otherwise we would have been "too stupid" and not have obamacare passed into law. Oh wait, those of us that saw it for what it was were dismissed by those who were truly "too stupid".
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:14 pm

And Pelosi denying yesterday that she even knows who he is when, in 2009, there's video of her talking about his work on Obamacare and even saying his name. Many saw it back then for what it was. And then that infamous "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. " :roll:
I think the 'fog' has lifted for those that are really too stupid to vote.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Duel of Fates » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:43 pm

[I made a mistake on my last post on this thread and I would like to apologize for my error. I hate to think I mislead anyone by my slip.

Correction: Gruber was not paid over half a million in tax payer money. He "earned" nearly 5.8 million buckaroos when you add up the fees he collected from various states that hired him to consult on Obamacare implementation. Conflict of interest? Fraud?

Good thing none of our beloved leaders knew who this guy was. Hate to see yet another scandal for the most "open and transparent" administration we have ever had. :roll:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions