Colorado Weed Fest

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: Colorado Weed Fest

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 am

Duel of Fates wrote:And yet you advocate Obamacare, which will place an even greater burden upon our healthcare system, our economy, our growing government debt and spending, and the loss of our personal liberties and freedoms? It is this kind of liberal logic that frustrates and befuddles. It is not logical. In fact it is the highest order hypocrisy.

Oh, and erasing your posts to "clarify" your stance is very progressive of you.

I believe healthcare is a right to which every human is entitled. I believe insurance conglomerates can't be trusted to provide adequate coverage, and I believe that businesses have an obligation to provide minimal access to care for their employees. I don't believe that Health Care Reform will place undue burden on our economy, and I believe that increased spending is warranted in cases like this: where it is necessary for the preservation and extension of high quality of life to all Americans. Are there parts of PCACA I would like to see reviewed, parts I would like rescinded, added, etc.? Yes, but I believe it is a bill that is long overdue - this country has lacked comprehensive healthcare for too long, it's time we move towards promoting humanity rather than trusting for-profit businesses and the marketplace to do it for us.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:58 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:
Duel of Fates wrote:And yet you advocate Obamacare, which will place an even greater burden upon our healthcare system, our economy, our growing government debt and spending, and the loss of our personal liberties and freedoms? It is this kind of liberal logic that frustrates and befuddles. It is not logical. In fact it is the highest order hypocrisy.

Oh, and erasing your posts to "clarify" your stance is very progressive of you.

I believe healthcare is a right to which every human is entitled. I believe insurance conglomerates can't be trusted to provide adequate coverage, and I believe that businesses have an obligation to provide minimal access to care for their employees. I don't believe that Health Care Reform will place undue burden on our economy, and I believe that increased spending is warranted in cases like this: where it is necessary for the preservation and extension of high quality of life to all Americans. Are there parts of PCACA I would like to see reviewed, parts I would like rescinded, added, etc.? Yes, but I believe it is a bill that is long overdue - this country has lacked comprehensive healthcare for too long, it's time we move towards promoting humanity rather than trusting for-profit businesses and the marketplace to do it for us.

WOW!!
The healthcare right is the most retarded statement made by the clinically un-retarded.

You believe that if you get sick or injured, it is your right to demand that someone who knows how MUST treat you? for free? What an [derriere orifice] thing to believe. Do you believe in universal car repair? (my car is broken, a mechanic MUST fix it whether I can pay him or not)

Matt, I don't care HOW much you hate Ayn Rand, she foretold these idiots would gain power and do EXACTLY what Obama is pushing and this idiot is championing.

As far as legalization of mind altering drugs is concerned, I'm against it because at this point the majority of Americans are too stupid to handle it. There are people who can use the product, enjoy its effects and not affect anyone else. And I'm philosophically and morally opposed to any man telling another he can't do something if it affects no one else. The problem is, Pepsi and his looter friends will re-purpose more wealth and more resources to aid the childlike idiots who can't handle the responsibilities that come with freedom. I guess I'm not the "clean-up after them" kind of parent. I'm the kind that says "when you show me you can handle it, Ok."

That is the state of things (for the most part) today. Anybody can get the stuff, even grow your own at home. Keep it hidden, use it responsibly and nobody cares.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:49 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:
WOW!!
The healthcare right is the most retarded statement made by the clinically un-retarded.

You believe that if you get sick or injured, it is your right to demand that someone who knows how MUST treat you? for free? What an [derriere orifice] thing to believe. Do you believe in universal car repair? (my car is broken, a mechanic MUST fix it whether I can pay him or not)

Matt, I don't care HOW much you hate Ayn Rand, she foretold these idiots would gain power and do EXACTLY what Obama is pushing and this idiot is championing.

As far as legalization of mind altering drugs is concerned, I'm against it because at this point the majority of Americans are too stupid to handle it. There are people who can use the product, enjoy its effects and not affect anyone else. And I'm philosophically and morally opposed to any man telling another he can't do something if it affects no one else. The problem is, Pepsi and his looter friends will re-purpose more wealth and more resources to aid the childlike idiots who can't handle the responsibilities that come with freedom. I guess I'm not the "clean-up after them" kind of parent. I'm the kind that says "when you show me you can handle it, Ok."

That is the state of things (for the most part) today. Anybody can get the stuff, even grow your own at home. Keep it hidden, use it responsibly and nobody cares.

If you took time to think rather than spew nonsensical, regurgitated, right-wing propaganda, maybe I'd grant you the respect necessary for two opponents to engage in intellectual debate. I never stated that access to Healthcare should come completely free of charge - insurance needs to be made available at affordable rates and must offer plans that cover certain conditions that would else not be be covered were we to leave the decision to private companies. Living in a country that was made great by the commitment each American made to serving his country and working hard, it's sad to see people challenge the idea that business should provide care to its employees. To believe that we should let those without insurance die in the streets, or those middle-class families struggling to make ends meet go without access to regular doctor's check-ups or dental visits is barbaric. I don't need your misinformed, twisted arguments to the contrary - principles enshrined within our Founding documents, the idea that all men are entitled to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," is something you're clearly willing to stomp on, as you'd rather live in a society dominated by Social Darwinism and completely lacking in compassion

Of all US bankruptcies in 2007, more than 60% of them were declared because of or partly because of medical expenses. Of these, nearly 80% came from individuals who already had access to health insurance - this is where we get the notion that many in this country are underinsured. Out of the nearly 200 members of the WHO, the US maintains the highest per capita cost of medical care expenditures (nearly $7000). A strong middle class is necessary to the strength of a state (especially a consumer state), and by providing access to affordable care, we help alleviate some of the financial burden placed on middle-income families (I know you plan to misrepresent this argument, so let me clarify, I'm not saying Obamacare does this effectively). This requires spending, but good best emerges with a strong financial commitment to promoting it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJpZnUjtorI

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:16 pm

So you admit that you are a hypocrite.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:37 pm

They're two different issues; the principle is not the same - you can't compare Health Care Reform (which isn't government intrusion regardless) to Marijuana legalization.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:56 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:They're two different issues; the principle is not the same - you can't compare Health Care Reform (which isn't government intrusion regardless) to Marijuana legalization.

They are two sides to the same coin. Government interfering with the rights and liberties of it's citizens. Just because you choose to blindly follow, does not change that fact. You are a hypocrite, by your own words..
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:00 pm

I, being of sound mind and body, fully agree with haas's statements on this. People need to fact check [poo] and not listen to all the n00btards that spread "satire" stories on the internet...

Funny fact:

People killed from Alcohol consumption -- a whole hell of a lot

People killed from Marijuana consumption -- Absolutely ****ing ZERO!!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 pm

Duel of Fates wrote:They are two sides to the same coin. Government interfering with the rights and liberties of it's citizens. Just because you choose to blindly follow, does not change that fact. You are a hypocrite, by your own words..

By providing consumer protections, subsidizing care, and ensuring that the for-profit insurance industry is appropriately regulated, government is protecting the interests of the people in the face of increasing rates and poor coverage options. I don't see how this infringes on your freedom.

I don't believe the individual mandate is an effective way of expanding care. Rates have skyrocketed to the point that many (mostly young people) opt for the tax penalty rather than purchase insurance, but I do believe there is a way to grant coverage to people who need it and can't afford to purchase it in the private marketplace. Medicaid requires an overhaul - wasteful spending, administrative failures, and mismanagement have marred its purpose; as a society, we need to decide to commit more funding to providing for the public good. Should we require people to purchase health insurance? I don't know, but I do know that everyone who wants care should have it.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby imaim » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Legalize pot for several reasons.

UN-legalize obamacare because it goes against the foundation that the US was founded on.

All of you need to believe in what I believe in and follow the two sentences above.

:th_a017:
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby [NH]Shadow » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:35 pm

imaim wrote:Legalize pot for several reasons.

UN-legalize obamacare because it goes against the foundation that the US was founded on.

All of you need to believe in what I believe in and follow the two sentences above.

:th_a017:

+1 :afro:
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions