30 Years

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: 30 Years

Postby imaim » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:03 pm

LOL Nice

My cousin and I used to watch The Transformers and the (remember this generic alternative?) Go Bots before school every morning. LOVED both! Right up until the Dinobots were introduced. Oh well.

That was in Elementary School and Jr. High. In high school, we'd come home and watch a mix of Duck Tales/Rescue Rangers/Darkwing Duck/Tales Spin while we ate our manicotti and/or ravioli before we started our manually stat-tracked games of Tecmo Bowl!

The good 'ol days.

Oh ya, and WD is freaking old.
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Go bots were cool, but the show sucked. They definitely were never as cool as transformers, though, on any level.
Tecmo bowl.... Hell yeah! I always played as the Bills. 90yd passes to Andre Reed that never missed and Steve Christie kicking like 500/game.
Good times :punk:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 am

Speaking of 30 years...On January 25th, 1984 the Macintosh was first available for sale.
ARTICLE

Regardless of your opinion of Apple, Steve Jobs or the Macintosh itself, it is undeniable that it changed the world. The Macintosh ushered in the era of the mouse. The era of bit mapped fonts and desktop publishing, the icon, the folder, the trashcan and of course - drag and drop. Its descendants, only made possible by the incredible success of the Macintosh continue to have a profound impact on our everyday lives; iPod, iPhone, iPad and of course Microsoft Windows in ALL its forms.

Make no mistake, the Macintosh will be remembered with other inventions like the Gutenberg Press, the Cotton Gin, the Model T and Nylon.

and who can forget the iconic Ridley Scott masterpiece:
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby [JOG]WorldFear » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Best part of the originals? Megatron transforms into a gun :lol:
Formally TheDoctor, KiraHumanShinigami, LordSasuke, DemonicNinja, Phresh_J
[JOG]WorldFear
Community Member

Xfire: thelorddragon

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:03 am

imaim wrote:Oh ya, and WD is freaking old.

Not as old as the crust in your underwear.... :wheelchair:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Nuzza » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:57 am

WD-40 wrote:But I'm 51, not 30.... :whistling:

Finally someone older than I am and I did notice your profile said 73, is 51 the new 21 for people your age?
Nuzza
Community Member

Xfire: raxsum

Previous

Return to Non-Game Discussions