The Stock-market and Economy

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

The Stock-market and Economy

Postby WD-40 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm sure many who read this thread aren't of working age, and a fair amount of us are working and likely saving/investing for retirement. For about 2 years between my Navy Dayzz and what I do now, I was a stock broker/Financial Planner. If there's one thing we knew, you need a crystal ball to time the market. Yet, the market did/does have certain trends. Some of you may have a very good handle on 'investing' for the future, as well as the Economy in General.

Anyway, I found this article yesterday, which made me double take the graph they showed. Here's a pic:
image.jpg
image.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 1427 times

Anyway, there's been more talk about a major correction, and we are a bit overdue for one. What's your thoughts?
Here's the link for the graph:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/scary-1929-market-chart-gains-traction-2014-02-11
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: The Stock-market and Economy

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Thanks for the heads up 40.. now I'll be the fist one at the soup line. :wheelchair:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Did they adjust the value of the Stock Market trends then to reflect current dollars or something? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, as the numbers on the graph show a value of 17200, despite the fact that the market was valued at only 400 points at that time.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:58 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:Did they adjust the value of the Stock Market trends then to reflect current dollars or something? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, as the numbers on the graph show a value of 17200, despite the fact that the market was valued at only 400 points at that time.

It looks like it's just showing the similarity of the rise and fall of the stock market.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:40 am

Col. Homestar wrote:
(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:Did they adjust the value of the Stock Market trends then to reflect current dollars or something? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, as the numbers on the graph show a value of 17200, despite the fact that the market was valued at only 400 points at that time.

It looks like it's just showing the similarity of the rise and fall of the stock market.

Right, but I believe the valuation is adjusted as Pepsi said so that you can compare Apples to Apples.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:32 pm

That's not the first I've heard of a potential crash, but it's mostly been from people who sell gold, so I've somewhat dismissed it.

This starts to really give it some credit. I don't like this at all.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Return to Non-Game Discussions